Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be very surprised if SSC announced an ES right from the get go.
Instead, they'll do what they've been doing and start preorders with ES at "TBD", gauge how well it sells, then once preorders start slowing down, announce the official ES.

I'm guessing it's the reason why the ES for C-3PO and R2-D2 regular PF still have not been announced, while Aayla and Darth Malgus regular PFs have already been set. The droids are still selling.

I'm hoping this comes in under $400. It's my most anticipated for this year.

I think I'm turned around on this piece. The first pics got my back up and I thought he looked like he was cowering. I think these latest pictures do him justice. Great paint detail.

I think I'm turned around on this piece. The first pics got my back up and I thought he looked like he was cowering. I think these latest pictures do him justice. Great paint detail.
I know what you mean.
I'm hoping that looking at him, with knees pointing directly towards you, improves the presentation.

I also hope there's a 2nd headsculpt with a roaring/angry expression.

Looking at the unpainted version I'd say the head is clearly separate from the rest of the body sculpt but will it be removable or glued in place I wonder. An ex head option would be cool but I'm having a hard time imagining SS spending time to sculpt out a whole new head for something as subtle as an expression change. They seem to go more for simple accessory additions or subtractions like cigar, sunglasses, hat... Or at least this is what I've noticed on a lot of their other pf lines.

The arm sculpt also looks to be separate and inserted at the shoulder. Just hope once its painted it blends in to the fur texture enough to hide the gap.

Definitely a "roaring" portrayal of Chewie. Other that, or maybe a sculpt featuring one of his other hairstyles.

Just hope they don't use the ROTS Chewie as a model for the excl... :monkey1
Chewbaccaheadshot.jpg

Just hope they don't use the ROTS Chewie as a model for the excl... :monkey1
Chewbaccaheadshot.jpg

Agreed. Man, with all those years, and all that technology, they totally a$$-raped him and made him look like a man in a suit in ROTS.

The other thing: d'you guys notice how a lot of actors that have to reprise roles that has become iconic (not just Star Wars), end up virtually doing a parody of themselves? That stupid head-tilt every 3 seconds in ROTS made me want to vomit.

Same with Anthony Daniels voice. Nowdays he sounds like he's putting on the 3PO voice :slap

Back