Chemotherapy survival kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on chemotherapy and it makes you extremely tired and wore out. A nice pair of comfortable track suit to veg around in or some nice slippers for your cold feet. I think just emotional support is helpful sometimes the side effect are horrible, and anything to keep your mind off it is good. Books, movies, music!

LOTR TRILOGY EXTENDED VERSION and THE COMPLETE STAR WARS SAGA

Sent from Batcave

That will definitly be something for one of the next boxes. We are currently planning on sending him a box per month (he is said to have chemo for 9 months). Those are perfect! Thank you!

I am on chemotherapy and it makes you extremely tired and wore out. A nice pair of comfortable track suit to veg around in or some nice slippers for your cold feet. I think just emotional support is helpful sometimes the side effect are horrible, and anything to keep your mind off it is good. Books, movies, music!

Wow man! Thanks for sharing with us! I highly appreciate those private comments! :duff
All the best for you brother. Freak-family is with you! :hi5:

The first box has gone out with the following items:

Plaboy special edition
Soccer magazine
Car magazine
Donald Duck comic special edition
Audio CD with 8 hours of story telling
Earplugs & sleeping mask

We have set the max to 50€ per box. It is just ment to be a statement and a nice touch. But I believe he gets the idea. :)

Thank you to everyone! Keep the ideas comming!

I wish you all the best, brother. Like KG said, your Freak Family is with ya! :duff :hi5:

I wish you all the best, brother. Like KG said, your Freak Family is with ya! :duff :hi5:

Thank you all, hopefully my insight can help others . Matter of fact I am at the Mayo Clinic Minnesota waiting room typing this. This place is amazing.
091cf61be40570313a234d1201dea186.jpg

Thank you all, hopefully my insight can help others . Matter of fact I am at the Mayo Clinic Minnesota waiting room typing this. This place is amazing.

I was in you're shoes 9 years ago man... Stage 3 non-hodgkens... Keep your sense of humor on full cause this whole experience will change you! :duff

the other main thing I did was eat like a F'n pig!!! Complete anti-diet... Was gaining a pound a day... But I was starting at 136lbs @ 6'1" not a pretty sight...

So, my friend and Ihad a conversation today. He got his first Chemo on Wednesday. Looks like he will have it every two weeks until Christmas.if I got it right he will get radiation therapy afterwards and finally rehab. He sounded good. We were briefly talking about his status but quickly moved over to my everyday life. I felt kind of egoistic to tell him from my problems in university (he is always more the Brain, while I am more Pinky :lol ), asked him a few more or lessimportant questions (at least for me) and even told him about todays test that I failed. In between we always came back to his condition (problems with eating and tired, otherwise relativly fine), hope and also had a few laughs about doctors who think their studies were tough (every tried studying laws you little girls?! :lol). Of course this was all more or less ironic. They seem to do a pretty great job and I really respect that.
However I wasnt sure if it was the right thing to talk about MY issues. On the other hand it felt right. Maybe he was enjoying to not talk about the same old cancer story again and again. I may ask him the next time. Just to be sure I am doing things right. :)

*Narf*

So... I always thought about bumping this thread to tell you guys how everything was going on. My buddy has finished radiation in the meanwhile. Both therapies went very well and it looked to be a hughe success. Doctors were very pleased with the therapy. He decided to go on vacation for the last two weeks. Today I called him to check for out meeting on Friday. He had to pass. It looks like cancer is back. He was pretty depressed on the phone, seemed like he got the news today. He is currently debating to weather go through this whole process again or just - and this hurts - let it go. I believe we have to wait this week and all those checkups, but he will decide to keep on fighting. Definitly. I am so shocked at the moment, I cannot even pray for him. My mouth is dry for hours now and my belly feels being upside down. Guys cancer is a *****.

That's tough news to hear. Whatever he decides I hope it's for what's best for him. I've seen a lot of people continue treatment and regret it because it stopped helping and they spent their last days/weeks/months absolutely miserable and weak. I wish him the best of luck and hope it turns around for the better again.

King, I didn't see where you said what kind of cancer he has. That makes a difference in the fight. May I ask what type he has?

Sorry for not replying here. In all honesty I use this thread to free my mind and I really didnt want to come back here lately. Things have changed again the better way around this time.

When I have told you guys the last time, I was getting the information from my friend. It looks as he had a major (psychological) breakdown that evening. Apparently they have told him that they have found something again that MIGHT be cancer again. He has called me a week later and apologized for this negative misunderstanding. In my eyes there is nothing to apologise for. If I were a 28 guy fighting cancer, I wouldnt be as strong as him. You cannot have strong days every day and somehow this is what friends are there for.
Anyway - from my uneducated understanding - they have come to the conclusion that it would be to early for any further checks. Eveb if it is cancer again, Chemo has been pretty heavy for him (he was told that he is getting the strong treatment due to his age) and they seem to not want to go any further before he has recovered a little more. From my understanding chances his body would survive another chemo therapy right now are not as good as in summer after the recovery and the tumor usually wont grow that fast. So they seem to prefer letting the (respective) tumor grow for 10-12 weeks and allow the body to recover from the first chemo a little more before starting the new therapy. They are aiming for the end of May. I will simply cross my fingers for a happy end.

Btw: thanks guys! The community rocks. :duff

Back