Check your accounts - sideshow site is having difficulty.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or they were hacked....

The new corporate line when they have been hacked is to not admit it and blame it on “software updates”

I mean, it’s not out of the question. Though they clearly updated the website. Or do you think that’s just an elaborate cover for the “hack”?

I'm not doing anything until I hear from Sideshow or they get their site working under the new system first.

Last thing I want to do is change my password and not have it linked to my original account.

I mean, it’s not out of the question. Though they clearly updated the website. Or do you think that’s just an elaborate cover for the “hack”?

Other companies have posted “web updates” later retracted as “hacked”

Not saying thats the issue, but why do people whom have an account need new passwords?

Thats actually counter to business practices, since a large portion of your clients would have trouble accessing their accounts, which is exactly what you do not want....

You can see it already on this forum, people don’t like having to reset accounts, so why do it to your “valued customers”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If their site really did get hacked, then the last thing I want to do is reset my password through a site that could be a duplicate created by the hacker(s). I'm with Wor-Gar on this one - I will wait to hear from Sideshow themselves.

If their site really did get hacked, then the last thing I want to do is reset my password through a site that could be a duplicate created by the hacker(s). I'm with Wor-Gar on this one - I will wait to hear from Sideshow themselves.

^ Agreed. I went on the website just to see if my orders were showing up, but noticed the web address changed to "sideshow.com" so I didn't log in. Not going to risk it until there's some word from Sideshow themselves.

^ Agreed. I went on the website just to see if my orders were showing up, but noticed the web address changed to "sideshow.com" so I didn't log in. Not going to risk it until there's some word from Sideshow themselves.
I've only got Dr. Strange on order and i still have my monthly rewards statement emails so I'm with you on this one.

It does look like there is no more sideshowtoy.com but everything on my account is still accurate thus far. Maybe the url change is part of the upgrade?

I also noticed the website "update" on Monday. I happened to be on Facebook, which rarely happens, and I saw people talking about their reward points disappearing. So I went to log on and it prompted me to update my password. And like Wor-Gar, I decided to let them sort it all out first before I did that, just in case it was some scam or there were still problems.

So, some people got an email telling them to change their password? Or are they waiting for a confirmation email once they started the process of changing their password?

Regardless, Sideshow really should have sent out an email or posted something on their front page or even on Facebook telling people they're working on the website.

I haven't bothered looking at their social media, have they mentioned anything about this? I only changed my password because of this thread. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, never received other user's info, and my info is still in my acct and valid.

I haven't bothered looking at their social media, have they mentioned anything about this? I only changed my password because of this thread. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, never received other user's info, and my info is still in my acct and valid.

They have been offering some light tech support on Twitter.

Yes, Sideshow employee Buffy has mentioned the issues in the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook group. I don't think they've posted anywhere else as far as their official social media goes.

Still can't log in. Waiting forever for several pw reset emails. Then when I click the link and try to add new pw it tells me, "invalid token".

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, Sideshow employee Buffy has mentioned the issues in the Let Your Geek Sideshow Facebook group. I don't think they've posted anywhere else as far as their official social media goes.

Well that answers my question, guess I'm still holding off on the Hulk bust. Wonder how much money these issues are costing the company. Sheesh.

Mods I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this so if not I apologize and please feel free to delete.

That being said I thought I would let you guys know that this morning I received 5 emails from sideshow showing different customers orders that weren't mine. I called their Customer Service and they apologized for the mix up and it is known issue that has occurred due to the update to the site. They assured me that my account did not make those purchases. But I would recommend you double check anyway. Likewise the site says all existing users need to update their password if they haven't done so already, but the email reset email is taking longer than usual. They also said to check your spam just in case.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. It's odd though because I never received any notice from Sideshow. I also checked my spam folder and there's nothing there.

I wonder why it’s causing problems for some and not others. I got on, changed my password without an issue, and haven’t had slowdown on the site. I like some of the tweaks they made too, like the add-to-wishlist feature (unless I wasn’t aware of it before).

I spoke to Sideshow on the phone. According to them this is all related to them switching servers, new website update, etc. The representative said a lot of people are having issues accessing their accounts, reward points not showing, orders not showing, etc.

Rest assured they said all information is safe and orders and deposits are not lost. They hope to have everything back to normal by tomorrow (I bet next week to be honest).

Hopefully it wasn't a hack and they are just dealing with a new site. But they should still make a public statement so people don't freak out if it is indeed not a hack.

I had to do the password reset, but no issues there... Then I tried to buy a gift card and was told "you have reached the limit of this item that you can purchase".

Huh? I have bought a few, yeah (I do this to "pre-pay" for figures instead of waiting until they are ready to ship)... but who limits how many gift cards you can buy?!

Sallah

Back