Check out this cave troll!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but it isn't only likeness; they actually incorporated the bust into the sculpture - probably sculpted the body around it.

I doubt it: here are two comparison pictures:
9435R.jpg

0749_1.JPG

The nose looks different, so do the teeth. Part of the lower chin is gone too.

I doubt it: here are two comparison pictures:
[The nose looks different, so do the teeth. Part of the lower chin is gone too.

Polylord,

After making a copy mold, and then a clay press off the SS/Weta bust, it would them be a matter of making changes to the clay copy.

But otherwise, looking at your photo comparison, it sure looks like this piece might be based off of the bust--even with the changes you mention.

--Chris

Last edited:
Polylord,

After making a copy mold, and then a clay press off the SS/Weta bust, it would them be a matter of making changes to the clay copy.

But otherwise, looking at your photo comparison, it sure looks like this piece might be based off of the bust--even with the changes you mention.

--Chris

Yes that could be possible. But LOTR fan stated that they used the bust as it was made by SSW and built the body around it. I was just showing that I doubt that's the case.

Yes that could be possible. But LOTR fan stated that they used the bust as it was made by SSW and built the body around it. I was just showing that I doubt that's the case.

The angles aren't the best for comparison, but I still believe that they casted the bust and then modded it (obviously) to make the head. Still it looks cool, but I wonder who the unidentified "Weta" sculptor is?

:confused:

The angles aren't the best for comparison, but I still believe that they casted the bust and then modded it (obviously) to make the head. Still it looks cool, but I wonder who the unidentified "Weta" sculptor is?

:confused:

It would be nice to know who did sculpt it maybe someone should ask the seller on Ebay a question as to who they are?

This statue was made by Paul Craggs from Australia, he was somehow involved in the making of TTT.

The edition size was 100, cost was 1000 Australian $ (approx. US$ 750 at the time in 2006, today it would be US$ 950).

Here's a comparison shot with some Weta statues I got from Paul:

Troll_001.JPG

The seller *claims* that this troll was on display at the LOTR exhibition in Berlin. I was there and have not seen it, nor have others I've talked to about it.

Regardless, does a custom base make this 10x more valuable - you decide...

This statue was made by Paul Craggs from Australia, he was somehow involved in the making of TTT.

The edition size was 100, cost was 1000 Australian $ (approx. US$ 750 at the time in 2006, today it would be US$ 950).

Here's a comparison shot with some Weta statues I got from Paul:

Troll_001.JPG

The seller *claims* that this troll was on display at the LOTR exhibition in Berlin. I was there and have not seen it, nor have others I've talked to about it.

Regardless, does a custom base make this 10x more valuable - you decide...

Woah that is a monster that must be what a 1/4 or 1/3 Scale Statue?

Yes, it drops $1000 every every time they relist it - from 6999 to 5999 to 4999 - in 5 weeks it can be had for free... :rolleyes:

this thing ends in 5 hours and at a LOW bid right now, relatively ($999.99). ships out of Germany

How does he plan on shipping this from Germany and not having every arrow snapped off upon delivery?

The buyer lives only ~140 miles away from the seller, I'd guess he would go pick it up.

Otherwise, quote from the item description:
Item will be propackaged and sealed in a custom safty wooden crate that prevends it from damage as good as possible !!!!!!!!!!

It's relisted...

Where?

I bid and tried to get it, but shipping was 900.00 to the usa so it went for more that I was going to spend...Oh well...

Back