Chances of six inch GI Joes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's an interesting article on Yakface.com about how the Star Wars Black line is in real trouble. Pretty much the entire Hasbro Star Wars line. They are hoping the new movies will rejuvenate sales but at this point a lot of kids/collectors/retailers seem disinterested. I don't see the 6" line going the distance. Pretty much the writing on the wall for RAH.

There's an interesting article on Yakface.com about how the Star Wars Black line is in real trouble. Pretty much the entire Hasbro Star Wars line. They are hoping the new movies will rejuvenate sales but at this point a lot of kids/collectors/retailers seem disinterested. I don't see the 6" line going the distance. Pretty much the writing on the wall for RAH.

People want to army build without searching the internet and stores for months on end. Hasbro has always had a problem understanding this basic equation. Instead of them packing in extra troops and making the cash, see it in they would rather let scalpers make the money. We see it in almost every line they ever do and yet they still don't get it. They really are their own worst enemies.

I do hope they'll make some of these Joes...it sucks the Star Wars line isn't doing well. They'd better get Vader out sooner rather than later.

Action Figures as a whole are in trouble at retail..Considering Toys Arn't Us carries limited quanities and are the last hurrah in the retail toy world,though they may be closing their doors in the near future considering their sales have been poor as of late and they are almost 6 billion dollars in debt..

The future of action figures (especially collector type lines) may be Subscription method similiar to the MOTU Classics line.

You pay up front for say 12 figures a year, even if you don't like some of them...

As for the decline of toys in the stores, main reason is those things are sooo overpriced. And I think kids just don't GAF about Star Wars.

Hate to say it, but WalMart probably had the best foresight steering clear of the 6" line. They got the 5 buck Star Wars figs and its I think just Vader, Jango and Clones, things that are gonna pop with kids and Grandma isn't going to sweat buying a few for stocking stuffers. Maybe Hasblo should look at moving their premium lines and any future plans for them to a online sales model, they could probably do this and at elast it would help control overproduction.

Can you explain to me what this subscription method is? I've never heard of it before.

Pretty much a ripoff. I subscribed to Matty's MOTUC sub for 2 years. Paying $25-$30 for each figure. I was interested in the Four Horseman's Power Lords but sunscriptions start at $50 and go up to $100 for Gold members who get priority pre-orders and additional perks. The G.I. Joe RAH convention exclusives sell for ridiculous prices on BBTS averaging $60 a figure.

Back