Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have to agree about that Luke sculpt. It might be a bit lacking in realistic paint and detail compared to the HT head, but it still captures his likeness a lot better I think.

Another awesome figure mate and great to see you got a suit and can't wait to see it on the figure.

Ron

Thanks mate. :)

chris what body did you use or is this dx luke body ?

TT knockoff.

Yeah, I did that combo a while back and I definitely liked it more than the HT combo - I have him on display in "walking into Bespin" mode and then the HT BD sculpt for the battling/duel mode.

Now that my displays are coming together under bright light (major IKEA action...) I do notice the subtle discrepancy in the skintone between this SSC Luke head and the "normal" 1/6 skintone seen on HT and DID-type figs, but it's really not a huge deal at all, certainly not as noticeable as the Han Hoth was.

Yes. Now I remember. It was indeed your "walking" pic I saw. Looked good. Thanks for inspiration.

Yeah I have to agree about that Luke sculpt. It might be a bit lacking in realistic paint and detail compared to the HT head, but it still captures his likeness a lot better I think.

Yeah. I agree. It looks good on the shelf with my lighting.

20170120_183448.jpg

I finished adding to my Hoth Rebel Soldier over the weekend.

Thanks Enaud for the blaster holster. :)

20170130_121719.jpg

Now, onto finishing my second one.

Nice Hoth trooper Chris. I made my own, but Duane's tunic, vest and holster are nicer/cleaner :). Why did you (and I think Tyler as well) put your tunic opening in the back? Seems odd to me.

Nice Hoth trooper Chris. I made my own, but Duane's tunic, vest and holster are nicer/cleaner :). Why did you (and I think Tyler as well) put your tunic opening in the back? Seems odd to me.

Thanks Nate.

The back of the vest has all the straps that attach to the backpack. The vests are on the correct way for how they are designed.

You have the same advisor. I am on two Hoth troopers too. The vest, accessories and holsters are all impressive...very impressive...

I am waiting for more accesories but taking it easy with no hurries.

And i will build 4 Hoth troopers in the future if the sewing master (Lord Duane) gives me the pleasure to finish them.

You are a lucky man.

Hoth Rebel soldier would be my #1 want for a custom but there's just so many bits to make, and much of it sewing - it's a bit daunting. Nice to know that Enaud does the vest though. I was going to try to make a vest out of bent styrene to get the puffiness on the upper padded sections and paint it to look like fabric, but real fabric looks best.

I'll just have to vicariously enjoy yours and Spudtrooper's work for now!:clap

Dye in red color or use Klorex ( NaClO ) so the suit will turn to white color...no color...

You have the same advisor. I am on two Hoth troopers too. The vest, accessories and holsters are all impressive...very impressive...

I am waiting for more accesories but taking it easy with no hurries.

And i will build 4 Hoth troopers in the future if the sewing master (Lord Duane) gives me the pleasure to finish them.

You are a lucky man.

Thanks for dyeing tips.

You should post some pics of your troopers, I'd love to see them.

...and yes, Duane is the best.

Hoth Rebel soldier would be my #1 want for a custom but there's just so many bits to make, and much of it sewing - it's a bit daunting. Nice to know that Enaud does the vest though. I was going to try to make a vest out of bent styrene to get the puffiness on the upper padded sections and paint it to look like fabric, but real fabric looks best.

I'll just have to vicariously enjoy yours and Spudtrooper's work for now!:clap

I know what you mean. Without Duane's vest, this one wouldn't be possible without loads of sewing.

Back