Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, Chaka. You're collection is ridiculously awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with on your Cantina dio.

Dang, Chaka. You're collection is ridiculously awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with on your Cantina dio.

Thanks man. :)

Im really anxious to get going on the dio. Work is crazy busy for me this time of year so I dont know when Im gonna get a chance to start on it. Add a 2 yr old and the "wifes lto-do list", Ive got a full plate. Ive got most of the
materials already so its just finding some time.

Im pretty much just doing easy mods right now. Hopefully I will get some free time soon.

I got a few custom narrow shoulder TTL bodies on ebay from a seller in Asia. They are pretty nice for the price. I think you guys have seen the auctions before. Anyways, I am doing a swap out with one of my Tusken Raiders and Jango Fett to see how they look. So far so good......

DSC084301000x670_zps84dd0188.jpg

DSC084311000x793_zpsa08ddb63.jpg

Here is Jango Fett. I did this one really quickly. I still need to sort out the feet and clean up the sleeves.

DSC084321000x838_zps70650fa2.jpg

I really like these. I think I am going to pick up a few more of these and do some more swap outs. :)

Looking good bud.

Yea I must got a few of those bodies in as well. I like them and they seem as every bit good as a truetype.....:monkey3.............:lol

Is that one of the taller medi fetts?

Looking good bud.

Yea I must got a few of those bodies in as well. I like them and they seem as every bit good as a truetype.....:monkey3.............:lol

Is that one of the taller medi fetts?

Thanks man. Yeah, for 1/2 the price of a truetype they will work for me. :)

That's the first edition medicom Jango. I just have the neck extended a bit. He is the same size as the Tusken.

I plan on doing a few dios in the future. I am planning a Cantina one, but I am also going to have a shelf for my Dewback, Sandtroopers and Tusken Raiders.

I will probably do some sort of scene like this.......

DSC084341000x772_zps160aca8f.jpg

DSC084361000x630_zpscc3e2c36.jpg

I was just messing around with these new bodies and they hold poses great without stands. I love these Tusken Raiders. :)

Yea those tuskens are superb no doubt. And as far as the sandy tusken dio .......that should be epic. Rumble in the desert.........:yess:

Dig the Tuskens, Chaka! They look really good, and this shot is particularly fantastic! :clap

Seeing your Jango reminds me I still need to finish mine. I got hung up on making him new shinguards and he kept getting pushed to the back burner.

Oh, and I might have Indy gloved hands. I'll have to look, but I should. :)

Chakaman - first great set up! I really like it. Second, was there any difficulty with head or hand compatibility.

I bought a few HT slims. I like them a lot but if the quality of the TTL was "as good" and the compatibility with sideshow hands, feet and head was similar then I would follow your lead on this.

What issues have you had? Thanks

Dig the Tuskens, Chaka! They look really good, and this shot is particularly fantastic! :clap

Seeing your Jango reminds me I still need to finish mine. I got hung up on making him new shinguards and he kept getting pushed to the back burner.

Oh, and I might have Indy gloved hands. I'll have to look, but I should. :)

Cheers man.

Yeah, Im on the hunt for some Indy gloves as well. Im okay with the SSC gloves for now, but if I can upgrade I will. if you have any spare Indy gloves let me know. Thanks. :)

Chakaman - first great set up! I really like it. Second, was there any difficulty with head or hand compatibility.

I bought a few HT slims. I like them a lot but if the quality of the TTL was "as good" and the compatibility with sideshow hands, feet and head was similar then I would follow your lead on this.

What issues have you had? Thanks

Well, Im not sure they are "as good" as HT slims, but they are good enough for me. I did have to carve out bigger holes in the arms so that the SSC hand pegs would fit. These bodies come with both styles of neck adaptors so I haven't had any issues with that yet. So far so good, but I have only done two swaps. I don't think I will have any issues with the feet, maybe just some trimming.

For 1/2 the price of a HT slim, I like them. They were $25 shipped on ebay. Like I said though, everyone has different standards. :) I will take some pics of one in the package they came in and you can let me know what you think.

Wow. Great feedback. Yes, I would appreciate it. That is a big price difference! Hot toys requires some external grinding on the body so you don't get away from that.

A few months ago I got a Tusken body and found the clone stuff (hands, feet, head) did not fit. I wonder if you could avoid grinding if you were putting clone hands in that TTL body.

Wow. Great feedback. Yes, I would appreciate it. That is a big price difference! Hot toys requires some external grinding on the body so you don't get away from that.

A few months ago I got a Tusken body and found the clone stuff (hands, feet, head) did not fit. I wonder if you could avoid grinding if you were putting clone hands in that TTL body.

Here is a pic of the body and everything that comes with it...

DSC08438800x786_zps5c440b23.jpg

I hope this helps you out. :)

Hey Chris. As far as a Cantina Dio are you thinking the full layout? I was looking at an area map of the main floor and I think it might be 10 ft. by 8 ft. Including performance area, bar and booths.

By the way, has anyone sculpted the bar?

Me and Dorgella both built bars way back.
It's a massive undertaking.
Dorg's cast me up extra chairs and tables and built the booths.
You can barely tell the difference between the real and cast versions. Beautiful work.

Nice Work Chris.
Are you going to buy more tables, chairs or get them cast?
Love the tuskens.

You can barely tell the difference between the real and cast versions. Beautiful work.

Would love to see that....

Hey Chris. As far as a Cantina Dio are you thinking the full layout? I was looking at an area map of the main floor and I think it might be 10 ft. by 8 ft. Including performance area, bar and booths.

By the way, has anyone sculpted the bar?

Well, I have a 4ft long shelf I am going to use. I will probably do the floor and walls only. Maybe a booth and a stage area for the band. Due to space constraints, it wont be screen accuarate Im afraid. I just want a nice background setting for all my guys.

Nice Work Chris.
Are you going to buy more tables, chairs or get them cast?
Love the tuskens.

Thanks mate. Dorg's casts of the cantina tables and chairs were fantastic. I remember seeing those. I will probably buy another table and chairs set. That will give me three sets, more than enough for the space I have available.

Your dios are still the best mate. Hope to see you doing some more in the future. :)

I picked up a couple of these bandoliers to us on one of my Tuskens....

images

I know this style of bandolier was used on some of the Tusken outfits. I want to have some variety.

Back