Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chris, your dengar came out fantastic............:lecture

so many great dengars being made............i still hate him though........:lol

Thanks man, hate is such a strong word. :)

Nice one Chris, he looks mean as my mum!! And great with your other bounty hunters

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

I first thought the head is a bit overdone, but the last, the group pic made me change my mind completely. Guess it's the human head, that when seen from different angles, looks different and appeals different.
That look in his eyes is so perfect for that group shot - almost says: Looking for trouble?!

Thanks. The headwraps were difficult to do. I kinda just did my own take on the character. I made him a little bit more beat up and dirtier than the screen version. I wanted him to look "tough" instead of fat and boring as he did in ESB.

:rock Outta sight, Chris! You did a bang up job!

I really need to keep looking for that head on eBay. Looks like a really fun project.

Thanks Flosi, it really was a fun custom. You need to tackle this one. If your Tusken Raiders are any indication, you would do a bang up job on him!

awesome dengar chris! but what else is new,everything you touch turns out bada$$.

Thanks Mike, back at ya! :)

Up next is to rework my Bom Vimdim custom. I got my vest in the post today from TA. It needs a lot of alterations, but I think its going to work. I may add/remove some of the studs to make it a bit more screen accurate.

DSC05472800x679.jpg

:duff
Loctite superglue - better than all the others and doesn't glue its own lid on!

Dengar unbelievable. Can't wait for Vimdin (he's da Bom...:lol) You have such a great eye for finding accurate SW costume detail in available 1/6 bits and pieces.

Loctite is the best! :D

I appreciate the kinds words man. Thanks. :duff

I guess I never really noticed any size issues with this head. Like you mentioned, I wasnt too bothered by it because I know I would be covering most of the head with bandages. Someone else may be able to give you an answer.

Update on Dengar. Weathered(darkened) the lower part of the hood under the face, added wraps to the top and lightly weathered them. I need to paint the neck studs.

DSC05444700x555.jpg

He is still very much a work in progress. :)

Nice work, looks like ray Stevenson under the scars :clap

Thanks Niltusk, I appreciate it. :)

Before I get to redoing Bom Vimdin, I wanted to redo my 2 Nikto guards. I guess the "Skiff Guard" thread inspired me to revisit them sooner than later. :D

DSC05474800x704.jpg

Started working on the left leg boots/leg wraps. This is attempt one, not sure I am happy with results. May have to brainstorm some more.

DSC05483799x900.jpg

DSC05484700x443.jpg

Lots of work to do on this guy.

Wow, Chaka, you are really artist! Really well done! And private question - do you have other figures or you have only Star Wars??

Hey mate, thanks! :)

I just collect Star Wars stuff. It takes up enough of my time and money. I was going to do GI Joe 1/6s, but stopped colelcting that line for the time being. I wish I could afford to collect both lines, the GI Joe stuff is outstanding.

Ow, just because. I love Dewback. :D

DSC05480.jpg

Last edited:
While I am waiting for stuff to dry, I finished up M'iiyoom Onith. Pretty easy actually. Its mostly extra Mace Windu gear along with some ammo pouches added to a belt. I know the jacket isnt totally accurate, I may do some more to her in the future.

Another alien added to my cantina!! :yess:

DSC05490839x900.jpg

Last edited:
I havent had much time to work on anything lately, been super buys with work and family. I plan on finishing up some skiff guards and cantina guys here in the near future.

I need a replacement for Greedo. :)

DSC055581100x736.jpg

dude, it's been like forever....

M'iiyoom looks cool.

Whas up with Greedo mooning us? That dirty rodian bastard!

dude, it's been like forever....

M'iiyoom looks cool.

Whas up with Greedo mooning us? That dirty rodian bastard!

Thanks mate. It has been a while. Lots of stuff going on in my "non-SW Dollie" world. Its always like this in the summer. I hope to squeeze in a few customs here in there.

Whats your next dio gonna be??? :)

Duane, nice to see you around. Now, lets finish that Squidhead my friend. :D

Back