Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chaka, yeah that is a lot of work, but you can't argue with the results! Appreciate the how to!!

No worries, hopefully it was easy to understand. I look forward to seeing yours if you decide to tackle one.

Please no gloss to the snow trooper he looks mint as is! Great work

Thanks so much! Yeah, I know. No gloss. :)

I do have a couple in the works. To stay consistent with "Empirial Standards" I am working on a white body suite and a neck guard to match the rest of the trooper types found in the SW Universe. I found some white pleather for the cowl, but I am not sure I am happy with the material look, although it is nice and thin.

I have a plan for the boots, not going to look as accurate as yours as I decided to take some liberties.

Last edited:
Chakaman, after revisiting your last pic, I see you have a Snowtrooper Commander in the works. Did you notice that although Hasbro's chest plate is more in the Commander version, the square in the center is upside down. The two circular parts should be on the bottom of the 4 squares with bars section.

I noticed that while at the site that is an excellent reference for Snowtroopers. Here's the best pic link of the chest plate:
https://www.studiocreations.com/howto/snowtrooper/images/snowt_commander05.jpg.

Actually, it was just a 2nd grunt I hadnt finished. Thanks for the info and pics though. :)

Im hoping Sideshow decides to do the commander, Im not sure how to do the helmet/cowl.

Since Sideshow announced they are doing a Snowtrooper..:yess: I decided to go back and do some touchups on mine. I did this one about a year ago, but never got around to weathering it up or really finishing the boots.

Im going to add a sole to the boots and some more details to the top of them. I also am adding the laces. I have started doing this on the troopers right foot, but its hard to see in the pics. Im hoping that these guys will be nice background fillers for Sideshow's version. :)

DSC05737598x1000.jpg

038858x1000.jpg

0401000x986.jpg

Having seen the SS snowtrooper I'd just finish yours and call it a day, yours are every bit as good and I would say even better than SS. I have some hasbro troopers I was going to try and mod after yours and other peoples' snowtrooper customs but put on hold when SS announced theirs. Looking at the pictures of the SS snowtroopers I knew I had seen better in the customs section and came back to find those examples and yours are certainly the ones I remember. GREAT JOB!!! You said "Im hoping that these guys will be nice background fillers for Sideshow's version." You got that wrong, it's the other way around, SS will be fillers for yours. :lecture Thats if your silly enough to pay $150 for fillers. :lol

Having seen the SS snowtrooper I'd just finish yours and call it a day, yours are every bit as good and I would say even better than SS. I have some hasbro troopers I was going to try and mod after yours and other peoples' snowtrooper customs but put on hold when SS announced theirs. Looking at the pictures of the SS snowtroopers I knew I had seen better in the customs section and came back to find those examples and yours are certainly the ones I remember. GREAT JOB!!! You said "Im hoping that these guys will be nice background fillers for Sideshow's version." You got that wrong, it's the other way around, SS will be fillers for yours. :lecture Thats if your silly enough to pay $150 for fillers. :lol

Cheers!! Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it. :hi5:

There is a lot to like about SSC's Snowtrooper offering. The outfit looks great and I like how the helmet is flared out a bit more than the Hasbro one. I do not like the sculpted mask and I think the eyes are a tad small.

Having said that, I will probably pick up a couple from Sideshow. I will pick up some spare bits (once this guy is parted out) from Toy Anxiety and mod all these guys to match up. I think once I tweak mine, dirty them up and redo the mask's on Sideshow's it will be a nice looking squad. Well, at least that is my plan. :)

Cheers!! Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it. :hi5:

There is a lot to like about SSC's Snowtrooper offering. The outfit looks great and I like how the helmet is flared out a bit more than the Hasbro one. I do not like the sculpted mask and I think the eyes are a tad small.

Having said that, I will probably pick up a couple from Sideshow. I will pick up some spare bits (once this guy is parted out) from Toy Anxiety and mod all these guys to match up. I think once I tweak mine, dirty them up and redo the mask's on Sideshow's it will be a nice looking squad. Well, at least that is my plan. :)

exactly what i was thinking but probably only going to pick up one & that's a big maybe. parts for sure when t/a breaks it down.

Chris,man,I agree with these guys.Your snowtrooper is all kinds of badass.If you get the SS snow trooper...he should be taking up the rear.
I've opted to pass on this one & take a little inspiration from your handiwork(as well as a few others) & just make my own.
...I'll just have apply the $150 towards the cannon:wink1:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. I still have lots to do on my Snowies.

I really like the look of Sideshow's Snowtroopers, I think they look better than mine. For the price, they should.

I look forward to adding extra bits from them to my customs for a ultimate version. Gonna be a nice squad when all is said and done. :)

Last edited:
Just a few pictures of my new arrivals to my collection...

Commander Fox...

DSC05953.jpg

DSC059311000x760.jpg

Boba Fett, with mods....

DSC05956781x1000.jpg

DSC059261000x996.jpg

The whole crew....
DSC059281200x612.jpg

Just a picture from Jabba's palace.. :)
DSC059511200x724.jpg

Great pics Bro. Love the Crew shot.

Cheers mate, I appreciate it. :)

dammit chris.................need dengar.............:gah:

Yes you do!! I just saw your bounty hunter group shot, it was fantastic looking. However, there was someone missing. You are talented, get cracking on him!! :D

That Boba don't know how lucky he is that he landed in your house.

Haha! thanks man! Boba is a great figure and I am thrilled to have him.

Did you MOD your Fett yet it looks good. I cant stop touching mine, my wife said I might have a problem. LOL

I modded the vest and futzed the outfit. I still need to blouse the pants a bit. Im sure I will keep "touching" mine as well. Man, that sounded wrong. :)

Back