Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a sneak peak at my next project.

Its just a mockup, not sure if I am going to use the Hasbro tunic or scratch build my own...

Chaka6210.jpg

Ive always been a big fan of Ackbar, Im not going to wait years for SSC to make him.

Is that the Gentle Giant bust? Are you going to recast the head and hands?

It is the Gentle Giant bust. Its fantastic.

I never have casted anything myself. I usually send stuff to Dorgs to cast up for everyone. We talked about this doing this one, however we decided this one would be too difficult to cast. He is having trouble casting the GG Bossk head I sent him because of the lower jaw and teeth. This one would have the same issues with the "below the chin thingys".

Im sure he could eventually get it done, but Mark is pretty busy these days.

The busts are still pretty cheap. Much easier to pick a bust up and go to work on it than go through the time and energy to cast it. Plus, its already painted for you.

Good to see you started on this, hope to see this in a final appearance! Always liked the idea of using Gentle Giants' busts for 1/6ers as the busts are really well done.

And yes, I hope some day I'll also be able to remove the Dr.Zoidberg figure from my Star Wars shelf in order to have a good Ackbar myself ...

I started on Ackbar today. I removed the head and hands from the bust..

Chaka3300.jpg

Then I dremmelled out the neck area of a Dragon body so that the head would sit at the proper height and angle. I then glued it into position.

Chaka3302.jpg

I didnt take a pic of it, but I bulked up the neck, shoulders and back with sculpy.

Closeup shot of the head in the white jumpsuit....

Chaka3304.jpg

Here is a picture with the arms attached. I just dremmelled off the arms below the elbow and glued the Ackbar forearms into place.

Chaka3303.jpg

I need to get the smock sorted out. I think I am going to scratchbuild it, the Hasbro one is too big.

Closeup shot of the head in the white jumpsuit....

Chaka3304.jpg

Here is a picture with the arms attached. I just dremmelled off the arms below the elbow and glued the Ackbar forearms into place.

Chaka3303.jpg

I need to get the smock sorted out. I think I am going to scratchbuild it, the Hasbro one is too big.

Not sure if you looked into these bodies It's a sideshow anakin i think, but the forarms slide right off, maybe better articulation :dunno anyways thought i'd drop the photo for ya, which you prolly already have seen lol :lol

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man, I had thought of something like that. I just decided to take a cheap body and dremmel off the forearms.

Here are a couple shots of Ackbar. I started to make the pattern for his smock. Duane sent me some leather a couple weeks ago and I think its going to work great.

Chaka1204.jpg

Chaka1202.jpg

Since the cat was let out of the bag in Mark's cantina thread, I figured it was cool to show my paintwork on Duane's AWESOME Nabrun Leids sculpt. I added leather straps and a rubber hose to the sculpt.....

Chaka1200.jpg

I still have some touchups to do. I also have started doing the silver jumpsuit, painting things silver sucks. :)

Thanks man, I had thought of something like that. I just decided to take a cheap body and dremmel off the forearms.

Here are a couple shots of Ackbar. I started to make the pattern for his smock. Duane sent me some leather a couple weeks ago and I think its going to work great.

Oh yeah that should work out real nice, looks WAY better than the fuzzy one, looking sweet :clap

Ackbar is coming along nicely Chris.I never would have thought of using the leather for his vest.I agree with speedyweasel.It does look better than the fuzzy fabric one....haha & just about the right color.

Back