Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chack, one quick question: Numb's white (or lightgrey?) jumpsuit - where is it from?

Thanks guys. :)

Chack, one quick question: Numb's white (or lightgrey?) jumpsuit - where is it from?

Gent, its just the orange Hasbro X-Wing pilot suit painted white. I still need to finish him. It was difficult painting white over orange, lots of watered down coats.

crabman is awesome...........:clap

you did a great job mounting the parts to the body.............love it.

The gent
I need to check my parts bin but I might have a hand made white suit knocking about if you're interested
If you check my album you can see my custom wearing one

I love Ackbar! My fav character and after your care he is spectacular! I hope in future I can make him like this one!

Thanks man, I had thought of something like that. I just decided to take a cheap body and dremmel off the forearms.

Here are a couple shots of Ackbar. I started to make the pattern for his smock. Duane sent me some leather a couple weeks ago and I think its going to work great.

Chaka1204.jpg

Chaka1202.jpg

Thanks CBob, Elar and Dorgs, I appreciate it guys.

While chatting with Duane (Enaud) this afternoon, I was trying to get my head around the collar on Ackbar's smock. I am trying to get a pattern down and then cut the pattern into the leather smock.

Here is what I have so far today....

Chaka772.jpg

Chaka771.jpg

Its getting there, lots of trial and error. Duane, I sure am glad you sent me loads of this leather stuff. Thanks! :)

Yup, they are the Hasbro Admiral Ackbar boots. I was going for the bigger more "spacey" looiking boot. Hasbro's are bigger than the WW2 boots I normally use.

Yup, they are the Hasbro Admiral Ackbar boots. I was going for the bigger more "spacey" looiking boot. Hasbro's are bigger than the WW2 boots I normally use.

They fit him well, same way I like the Snowtrooper boot on the Snow trooper just cuz they got that "im a warm boot" look to them lol but they can stand a little paint to spruce them up :)

So I began attaching the second set of arms today. I cut a hole in the suit and dremmelled a notch in the body. I then used sculpy and pressed it into the notch/side of the body. I then pressed the arm into the sculpy on the other side. I then took the sculpy with the impressions and fired it to harden it. I then glued the piece of hardened sculpy to the body. Then I glued the arm to the sculpy piece. The sculpy serves as the joint so to speak.

I have up and down articulation which is all I am looking for.

I used Medicom Jango Fett arms.

Chaka889.jpg

I then sleeved it using sleeves from a second Greedo suit I had..

Chaka890.jpg

I will repeat this process with the right set of arms.

Last edited:
Back