Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After talking with Mark and Duane yesterday, it reminded me that I had one of Duane's awesome Nikto sculpts left. So I started working on Nysad, the red Nikto skiff guard from Jabba's palace...

nysad-main.jpg

nikto04.jpg

Sculpting the basic outline of the helmet.
Chaka2404.jpg

After heating base, adding the brim to the helmet
Chaka2405.jpg

I then added some sharp ridges and bumps. The helmet almost looks prehistoric to me.
Chaka2403.jpg

Last edited:
Next up the spikes or horns on the top of the helmet..

Chaka2402.jpg

I then added a quick base coat paint job to see what its going to look like..
Chaka2401.jpg

Chaka2406.jpg

This is very rough at the moment, but I wanted to show you guys some work in progress pictures. I plan on dremmelling down the spikes to make them sharper. I also plan on sanding down parts of the helmet. The cloth sides are just a mockup, I am totally going to redo them when I have more time. Once everything is how I like it, I will give it a final paint job.

Duane, your sculpts are amazing!!:)

That helmet looks great so far Chaka! I love how all your skiffies have turned out so far.

Now when are you going to build a skiff for them to guard? :naughty

Thanks guys. No the helmet isnt removable. I am just sculpting it to the head.

Here are few more shots of the helmet.

Chaka2044.jpg

Chaka2043.jpg

Chaka2042.jpg

I also modded Wooof's helmet. I raised it and tightened up on the sides.

Chaka2045.jpg

You can cure it with a heat gun (not one of those paint removers), or boiling water. Won't leave the burn marks, and may save you some work.

It's looking great so far though! Nysad is a cool looking character.

nice one Chris and I love the scorch marks hahah!! They are from how fast you work mate. Looking chuffin grand though you are gonna need a barge not a skiff with all your guys

Get on that Dorgs, build me a Barge! Its not like you dont have anything going on. :)

Thanks Unsung. I usually just torch it real quick. I appreciate the ideas though. :)

Thats awesome mate. I think I may just build a rail or something. I dunno. I want to get all my guys done first.

Nysad's outfit starting to come together...

Chaka2770.jpg

Whooooaaa a skiff part done, Mark you are a customizing GOD.

:huh You didn't notice before? :lol

Chaka, as as it turns out, if Sculpey ever turns black, it means it has released a ton of cancerous gases.... It's probably safer to use a hairdryer/heatgun/oven/chinese death lamp :lol

Can't wait to see this guy when he's done, with all the other Skiffies.

Back