Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaka19.jpg

Chaka18.jpg

Congratulations on the baby. Be careful though, they can slow your hobbies down a bit but they are totally worth it.

Judging by your wall you already have all of his college paid for and then some.

Awesome collection. I loved seeing the Droids cartoon represented. I used to love that show as a kid.

Awesome stuff Chaka. I didn't know you had 3 3/4 stuff as well. Congrats on Chaka Jr. too. You bring him up proper now...4,5,6,1,2,3 (maybe just 4,5,6 :lol)

More pics please!

I was able to finish my 3rd Sandtrooper today, the black pauldron one.

Chaka24.jpg

Here are some shots of my squad.....

Chaka21.jpg

Chaka22.jpg

Chaka23.jpg

Chaka20.jpg

Chaka26.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a shot of the Dewback that Ryan repainted. I still need to redo the trooper and get him a proper bucket, but I had to get him in these shots.

Chaka25.jpg

I did the saddle, saddle bags out of sculpy. I still need to do a few touchups on it, but so far so good. I will take some more pics soon.

Great paintjob Ryan!! :D

Wow, those pics look great!

I sure missed a lot on this thread... Congrats on becoming a father Chaka! Any thoughts on a name for your kid? Luke perhaps? :naughty

:lol

Very nice job on the squad, they do look much better with Marmit buckets!

Jason (Lopie) was kind enough to send me a Luke Skywalker head cast. I thought it would be a nice upgrade to the SSC Bespin Luke. I started to paint him up. I decided to go with the battle damaged look.

I am not quite finished, but here are a couple of pictures..

Chaka31.jpg

Chaka30.jpg

any feedback would be appreciated, I am still learning when it comes to painting heads.

Thanks again Jason for the cast! :D

Thanks guys. I need to work on the left eye a bit, but I am happy with it so far. Jason, thanks again!!

I also am redoing my Skiffmaster. I never was really happy with the length of the tunic, so I made it a bit longer. I am also planning on using Unsung's amazing sculpt....

Chaka33.jpg

Nothing is painted, just piecing everything together.

Chris, that's awesome!!!, what kind of material did you use for the tunic?

Chris, that's awesome!!!, what kind of material did you use for the tunic?

Its a tunic Bill (Vivisect) did for me a while back. I did some alterations to it, but its great. I think he was talking about doing some more of these when he gets caught up on a few other projects first.

I had some time today and decided to work on the skiffmaster. I repainted the tunic a light tan color then weathered. I wanted it to have more brown than black.

I also did a base coat and some work on the head. He is still not finished, but getting there. Here is what I have so far....

chaka40.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pic, I was in a hurry. Ill take some better ones when he is finished.

Wow Chaka, it's amazing how perfect each of them look.

The weathering on that vest is excellent by the way! Looks like it's made of some sort of giant lizard-ish skin, like the Star Wars equivalent of a crocodile or something. Very nice work. :clap

Can't wait to see the skiffmaster all the way finished!

Back