Cha La Head Cha La..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dragonball/One Piece

I wasn't sure where to post this but since we're already talking about DBZ figures, I think it can go here.

watermark.php

Found here.

:D

I think you should start a new thread for this guy.

Good show by the way.

cant see it in the pic, how tall are those pvc statues?

They're kind of cool, but I don't see the point of making cross-over figures like this; yeah, I know, it is the 40th Anniversary of Jump where both properties began, but still... just seems a little odd, although I will admit they look good!

I like the look of the DBZ/One Piece figures. I would really like to see closer pics of the Bulma and Nami figures.

I need to see more detailed pics of Piccolo Daimao. He definitely looks evil and alien but he also has that Witch Hazel look to him. I do see potential.

I've always dug Bulma, although the Cosplayer doesn't quite capture it for me...... If this isn't too expensive I'll pick it up. :naughty

Ugh... it's been FOREVER since I was last on these message boards...

MEDICOM has a chance to go all-out w/ a license that has hardcore fans that will buy a VIKKU, TORA, and SAIBAMEN from them if they make such characters in RAH style... basically, they could go Kamen-rider, they could go Star Wars (a number of characters here and there), or they could go Pirates... and GOKU's the last one.

I haven't kept up w/ this thread, but as far as I know they haven't announced anything else about the future of DBZ RAH...
GOD WILLING... I'll get my Mr. SATAN, ZARBON, and DODORIA...

Ugh... it's been FOREVER since I was last on these message boards...

MEDICOM has a chance to go all-out w/ a license that has hardcore fans that will buy a VIKKU, TORA, and SAIBAMEN from them if they make such characters in RAH style... basically, they could go Kamen-rider, they could go Star Wars (a number of characters here and there), or they could go Pirates... and GOKU's the last one.

I haven't kept up w/ this thread, but as far as I know they haven't announced anything else about the future of DBZ RAH...
GOD WILLING... I'll get my Mr. SATAN, ZARBON, and DODORIA...

Don't hold your breath. Medicom is never anywhere near that complete. One of their most complete lines is Kamen Rider, but that's only because there are so many main charaters from so many shows. They don't even usually make the secondary Riders.
If this does well (every reason it should) fans can look forward to the main cast like Vegita, Trunks, Gohan, and Piccolo. Hopefully there'll be a RAH220 Kuririn as well. They may do the other humans like Yamcha and Tenshinhan, but I kinda doubt it. They almost never get made, even in cheap figures. Saiyians are always safe because they can make 2-4 versions of all of them.

Tien has a better shot of being done simply because he'd have an interesting design in this scale, headsculpt wise and the fact he'd be able to use the standard DBZ body created with minimal costuming bodes well for him. Yamcha is such a standard plain design that he has the least chance of being done but if MediCom wants to make him they could essentially use Goku's Gi and just change the headsculpt and you'd be done. The only characters I think secondary wise I don't see them making for sure is characters like Chi-Chi or Master Roshi or in actuality even Bulma because I haven't really seen female characters in force for them and Roshi would require a different body to stay true to design.

Oh, I'm aware of all of this - I'm mostly being sarcasting, simply because unless somebody like HOT TOYS gets the license (w/ a big enough Asia and American commercial audience), I'll never be satisfied w/ my collection of DRAGONBALL novelties... EVER...

I like some of Medicom's RAH for their bodies, realism, poseability, etc...
but sometimes I HATE the company...

HOT TOYS may lose business sometimes and once in a while miss the mark, but they SURE as HELL aren't afraid to make secondary characters...

I sometimes hope Medicom gets run out of business, but I know they'd work things out in the 1/6 market if they have to...

Like people have said, "Medicom's never that complete..."
Anyone besides Vegeta and Piccolo next is a stretch in my eyes, even though Trunks and Gohan are insanely popular...

Oh, and some serious villainy is in store...
Granted, everyone's going to have SS Goku vs. SS Vegeta, and that'll be "Good enough" for them - let's just forget Cell, Frieza, or Buu... their designs are too innovative anyway.
I've not an ounce of faith in Medicom, in case anyone hasn't noticed...

Back