Cell Phone Dangers..Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have no doubt that cel phones will be the cause of many various future ailments (as will artificial sweeteners). one just has to make judgement call and not "wish" the threat away. believe me, i love diet mountain dew, but with all of the information that is out there, why would i put my body (kidneys and liver especially) through it? the goal shouldn't' simply be a long life… it should be a healthy long life.

There are a lot of dangers out there. We have to try our best to stay clear of them but it's life. Hard to shield yourself from it.

There are a lot of dangers out there. We have to try our best to stay clear of them but it's life. Hard to shield yourself from it.

That's it I am living in the bush! See you all later! :wave

I wanna live to be a 130 and outlive everyone I know and be alone.

I'm not so sure about that... I've read more than one article from more than one study that shows how EMFs can disrupt the body. And there are quite a few cases of brain cancer patients who lived very close to power lines. In my area there is a pasture of horses who live in a field directly below some power towers. Some of those have come down with brain cancer. None of us think it coincidence.

It makes sense to me, seeing as how we 'run' on electricity. Seems like it'd be kinda easy to disturb it... :dunno

I going to have to agree. Cell phones haven't really been around that long to really understand the full side effects of the radiation coming from cell phone use. Remember back in the day, when cigarrettes were harmless?

i have no doubt that cel phones will be the cause of many various future ailments (as will artificial sweeteners). one just has to make judgement call and not "wish" the threat away. believe me, i love diet mountain dew, but with all of the information that is out there, why would i put my body (kidneys and liver especially) through it? the goal shouldn't' simply be a long life… it should be a healthy long life.

cell phones are the last things we need to worry about. we will get sick and get ailments from all the poison, steroids and pesticides on our friut and vegitables. all the foods that are drenched in sugar. people are switching to diet drinks and stuff like that but they are full of Aspartame which can give you cancer. all the things that will give you cancer and make you sick, l think a cell phone is one of the least things to worry about.

I ain scairt. :lecture

yoda-you-will-be.jpg

cell phones are the last things we need to worry about. we will get sick and get ailments from all the poison, steroids and pesticides on our friut and vegitables. all the foods that are drenched in sugar. people are switching to diet drinks and stuff like that but they are full of Aspartame which can give you cancer. all the things that will give you cancer and make you sick, l think a cell phone is one of the least things to worry about.

Sorry, going to have to disagree. If you're like me, and you have your cell phone glued to your hip, then you may want to put this as a number one priority of your worries. I use it everyday to communicate with friends and family. I don't have a Land line phone anymore. It basically is my rolodex for friends and family. If I loose it, I basically loose communication to them. It's sad, I know, but it is a reality for me. It's just weird how technology grows on you. During the eighties and nineties, I never thought I'd need a cell phone. Now it's almost like I can't live without it. Then when texting came out, I didn't understand it and thought it was a lame feature that nobody would use. Now, I text almost everyday.

If the radiation emmitted from these cell phones could give me cancer 10 or 20 years down the line then I definately want to know more about it. In sum, Cell phone radiation would be more of a worry then what I eat or drink. For me, it's easier to control what I eat and drink then being without my cell phone. (Yes another sad fact about work13:()

Food and diet drinks are only around or in my body 3 times a day(morning, noon and night). My cell phone is either in my pocket or in my ear at least 8 hours a day - 5 days a week. So in short, if you are an avid cell phone user like me, this should be on your list of concerns(if not your number 1 concern) IMHO.

Last edited:
Sorry, going to have to disagree. If you're like me, and you have your cell phone glued to your hip, then you may want to put this as a number one priority of your worries. I use it everyday to communicate with friends and family. I don't have a Land line phone anymore. It basically is my rolodex for friends and family. If I loose it, I basically loose communication to them. It's sad, I know, but it is a reality for me. It's just weird how technology grows on you. During the eighties and nineties, I never thought I'd need a cell phone. Now it's almost like I can't live without it. Then when texting came out, I didn't understand it and thought it was a lame feature that nobody would use. Now, I text almost everyday.

If the radiation emmitted from these cell phones could give me cancer 10 or 20 years down the line then I definately want to know more about it. In sum, Cell phone radiation would be more of a worry then what I eat or drink. For me, it's easier to control what I eat and drink then being without my cell phone. (Yes another sad fact about work13:()

Food and diet drinks are only around or in my body 3 times a day(morning, noon and night). My cell phone is either in my pocket or in my ear at least 8 hours a day - 5 days a week. So in short, if you are an avid cell phone user like me, this should be on your list of concerns(if not your number 1 concern) IMHO.

/Bravo

Congrats on not being another mindless sheep. Also, keep that phone out of your pocket. It can lower testosterone, and you don't want that. If it's attached to your hip or in pocket all day.

work13 said:
It's sad, I know, but it is a reality for me

Why is it a sad fact that you rely on tools to live your life? Welcome to being human. Show me one who didn't. The quality of the tool is beside the point. So is the inherent risk. You wouldn't be using a cell phone if it didn't afford you an immense upgrade in living from when you did not have it.

But you might want to reconsider the amount you talk on it. How many conversations do you have that couldn't be managed just as well with texts?

Having it in your pocket isn't an issue. Lithium isn't radioactive, so a battery when not in use isn't going to hurt you (unless you cut it open and lick it). It only emits an electromagnetic frequency when it's on.

I don't see a real reason why you can't reap the benefits of this incredible invention and keep it from doing permanent damage to your health. There is no 'prisoner's dilemma'.

/Bravo

Congrats on not being another mindless sheep. Also, keep that phone out of your pocket. It can lower testosterone, and you don't want that. If it's attached to your hip or in pocket all day.

Thanks for the heads up OSCORP. Don't want to lose any more of my man hormones, as they have already gone down significantly since junior high :rotfl

Why is it a sad fact that you rely on tools to live your life? Welcome to being human. Show me one who didn't. The quality of the tool is beside the point. So is the inherent risk. You wouldn't be using a cell phone if it didn't afford you an immense upgrade in living from when you did not have it.

But you might want to reconsider the amount you talk on it. How many conversations do you have that couldn't be managed just as well with texts?

Having it in your pocket isn't an issue. Lithium isn't radioactive, so a battery when not in use isn't going to hurt you (unless you cut it open and lick it). It only emits an electromagnetic frequency when it's on.
I don't see a real reason why you can't reap the benefits of this incredible invention and keep it from doing permanent damage to your health. There is no 'prisoner's dilemma'.

It's sad because I use to think other people who always had cell phones to their ears were sad, now I seem to be turning into one of them. :( But thanks for not being judgemental as I once was:wink1:

Unfortunately, I must have my cell phone ON in my pocket incase an important or an emergency call comes through. Thanks again for the FYI about the lithium battery. It's good info to know.

So awesome. :cool:

Unfortunately, I must have my cell phone ON in my pocket incase an important or an emergency call comes through.

I mean in use. I believe it's the transmission waves that are the problem. I'm sure there's mild emission while it's on, but nothing like there is when you're talking on it.

well yeah l can see it being a problem if you are on it all the time. you just have to use it in moderation. and your cell won't do anything to you just sitting in your pocket, it has to be one to send the radiation or what ever it is.

but really what will be next. scientists are going to say our TVs give off something that will make us sick if we are too close. who knows.

Back