Cell Phone Dangers..Thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he means he'll die if people call him. He's dying for attention? :lol
Or is it people dying to call him? Hmmm :lol

so with the same rationale, keeping your cellphones in your pockets will lead you to prostate, testicular or ovarian cancer?

pffft. i own a crappy phone for texting and calling thats all. i like it when it vibrates in my pocket, tickles my crotch. if that's cancer causing, lemme have it.:monkey1

I'm pretty sure we can link more than half of everything we come into contact with each and every day to cancer. Reading articles like this don't really do much for me, TBH. Plus the fact that I'm in the medical field probably doesn't help much. :lol

this is all bull in my opinion. they say cell phones will give you brain cancer. "keep the phone as far from your body as possible". oh shut up. that will only happen if you talk on your cell phone all day everyday for years and years. if cell phones were bad we would all be half dead from brain cancer right now. sorry but i'm not scared of a cell phone.

:lecture Not only that, but the *only* studies suggesting a correlation between cancer and cell phone usage comes from this same group in Sweden. Every time there is a cell phone cancer scare, it's these Swedish guys.

All of this craziness has been spurred by a mother F'n press release the actual study was just released today to "The Lancet Oncology".

It infuriates me to no end that this press release is getting all sorts of mainstream attention while countless studies showing no link between cancer and cell phones get no press because getting the chicken littles worked up brings in the ratings and page clicks.

Once the study is released (which should have happened today), and gets looked over by people who give a ____, and gets roundly debunked, this will be old news and nobody who got worked up in this chicken little ____ storm will ever know because it will never hit the big news sources.

I'm not so sure about that... I've read more than one article from more than one study that shows how EMFs can disrupt the body. And there are quite a few cases of brain cancer patients who lived very close to power lines. In my area there is a pasture of horses who live in a field directly below some power towers. Some of those have come down with brain cancer. None of us think it coincidence.

It makes sense to me, seeing as how we 'run' on electricity. Seems like it'd be kinda easy to disturb it... :dunno

I can completely see the reasoning behind concerns. The thing with all cancers though is that genetics and overall immune health have a lot to do with whether any given carcinogen source will prove dangerous. If all it took was carcinogens, we'd all have it.

That said, I think it's a damn good idea for children to have as little exposure to EMF radiation as possible. Cell phones in particular.

That said, I think it's a damn good idea for children to have as little exposure to EMF radiation as possible. Cell phones in particular.

Makes me sick. My daughter is 9. And one of her friends 8, HAS A ____ING CELLPHONE. Some parents/people are too dumb for words. (no real NEED for one either. Has one just cause ya know)

/puke

Heh, I'm 16 and I just got my cellphone last weekend. Pretty much siding with fear 666 xX on this one, especially since I only really wanted one for those rare occasions when I need to get something urgent across to someone. In those instances, the message is usually short enough to send via text, and I don't even plan on using that very often.

Don't even have my permit, either. A little off-topic, however it's because I honestly didn't think I trusted myself back at age 15 (maybe a bit more by now :)). I'm always hearing stories from people on FaceBook and on the bus going on about how they "crashed the car again" and the only thought that comes to my mind is:
"See? This is why requiring only 80% to pass the drivers' test is a crappy idea. Dunno about you guys, but if I'm getting on the road and you're getting on the road, putting your life at risk as well as the lives of others, I'd hope you and I both got 100 friggin' percent. Maybe that's why you crushed the mailbox or drove off the road and into a ditch while going over the speed limit. Setting aside, of course, the fact that this 'passing grade' usually causes people to skip reading the manual and just wing it. Yep, geniusness right there."

Aaaaand rant's over. :monkey3

Last edited:
I trust my life with the Devil's logic.

:rock :lecture :rock

Makes me sick. My daughter is 9. And one of her friends 8, HAS A ____ING CELLPHONE. Some parents/people are too dumb for words. (no real NEED for one either. Has one just cause ya know)

/puke

Anyone who's ever been on the phone for an extended period of time and didn't notice their ear getting isn't paying very close attention. It isn't a campfire throwing that heat.

I can completely see the reasoning behind concerns. The thing with all cancers though is that genetics and overall immune health have a lot to do with whether any given carcinogen source will prove dangerous. If all it took was carcinogens, we'd all have it.

I totally agree. When you think about all the things are bodies are exposed to, you have to wonder that we live as long as we do.

I was just reading how some people blame diet sodas for so many things.

I don't wanna drink nothing but water. :(

its not just cell phones....
... my mother worked in accounts receivables/payables most of her life. She always complained that she could never get off the phone from clients wanting their money cause her boss would always take so long to sign checks so she could send them out. Everytime I went to see her at work or called her, most of the time she was on the phone.
In Sept '97 she realized she was having trouble remembering things and totally forgetting conversations that we had so she went to the doctor. 6 months later she died from the large brain tumor which formed directly behind her left ear which she held the phone to every day at work for years..... :monkey1

Back