Celebration Europe II confirmed - Germany, July 26-28, 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am putting my first dips out there---If there is anything Crumb related --I need help in securing it.

We were finding flights from Vegas to Dusseldorf in the $1300 range, but then I had the bright idea to check rates from Los Angeles. Seems, if I'm able to go, L.A. is going to be a big draw because there were flights just below $800. For two going to Germany, we would be saving about a grand, and that makes leaving from L.A. very alluring, even if we have to drive four hours to get there. We'll just stay the night.

Funny thing is, flights are not even available for these dates yet. I'm just a bit reticent about booking anyway, since the dates for CV were changed after being announced. Gotta be sure about those dates first.

Anybody else looking at flights already? :D

I would love to hit Germany during Oktoberfest. :duff

Last time I was there it was winter, so needless to say it didn't live up to European Vacation what-so-ever. :lol

yeah as much as I would love to go, I think this puts me out. Plus like Agen Kolar said we were all talking about SDCC next year.

I did it! I BOOKED A FLIGHT TO CELEBRATION EUROPE II !!!!!!
I had a zillion airline miles on United that have been sitting unused for years, so I finally put them to good use! I even got Business Class!!! This was extremely spur of the moment. I'm never like this. But I said "what the hell, you only live once!" And flights with miles usually disappear VERY quickly since they limit the number of free seats using Economy miles. So, who's joining me??? :hi5:
I should mention I am looking for people to share a room with, to save $$$! :wave

I've been to Europe before, so didn't add on much additional travel time. But I can change my flight dates for no fee if I change my mind, depending on availability. However, on the way back, they offered to route me through Lisbon, Portugal with a 17 hour layover. Although I've been to Spain, I haven't been to Portugal, so I chose that one. So that will be a small bonus side-trip. I will arrive in Dusseldorf Wednesday morning at 8:45am, and leave at 5:50pm on Monday the 29th. That should give me plenty of time to recover from jetlag, and explore the city.

Last edited:
yeah as much as I would love to go, I think this puts me out. Plus like Agen Kolar said we were all talking about SDCC next year.
Keep in mind it is harder to get tix to SDCC these days... And as someone who has been to 13 of the past 15 SDCC's, I can say it is also now extremely difficult to get into the panels you want. If you thought lines were bad at CVI, they are way worse at SDCC. BUT it is a blast, and I truly love it.

The flight to Germany is a leeeeeetle more expensive than to Orlando!
Agreed. But flights to bigger cities in Germany should be cheaper than Dusseldorf, for example, since there are more flights. I nearly fell over when my confirmation screen gave me the option to "Save your miles for later and buy your ticket instead! Only $7227 for Economy, or $9600 for Business Class". :horror Well, nobody can say I didn't get my money's worth with the 100,000 miles I used.

I am putting my first dips out there---If there is anything Crumb related --I need help in securing it.
Well, I am now committed, so I'll certainly help you out if I see anything Crumb-y.

Last edited:
Back