Premium Format Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valid points you have, I don't mind paying $700 if it is low ES and stunning paint work on a sculpt I really love though. Some XM piece are not worth a grand but their Phoenix, Doom and Cap sure are imo. Sideshow doesn't even paint their eyes on statues anymore, they use decals, and they STILL can't get it right like wtf. They've just totally lost me... for now. That's not to say they won't win me back if in hand pics of a piece I like looks good. They did great with Supes just made a bit to many of him imo. To each their own, but for now XM has my attention. I really hope they get DC within a year or so. :panic:

This didn't look like decals to me. I could be wrong though. Yea, I might return CW...we'll see. I still really love the look of her in the lineup. I'm definitely torn. I'm very much on board with XM too. Can't wait to get my first piece from them. In any case, I don't really have anything repainted so if I don't get a decent goggles up portrait, she will def go back.

Valid points you have, I don't mind paying $700 if it is low ES and stunning paint work on a sculpt I really love though. Some XM piece are not worth a grand but their Phoenix, Doom and Cap sure are imo. Sideshow doesn't even paint their eyes on statues anymore, they use decals, and they STILL can't get it right like wtf. They've just totally lost me... for now. That's not to say they won't win me back if in hand pics of a piece I like looks good. They did great with Supes just made a bit to many of him imo. To each their own, but for now XM has my attention. I really hope they get DC within a year or so. :panic:
Their Phoenix is absolutely outstanding! If I had the money I'd gladly pic her up. Love their Black Widow as well.

This didn't look like decals to me. I could be wrong though. Yea, I might return CW...we'll see. I still really love the look of her in the lineup. I'm definitely torn. I'm very much on board with XM too. Can't wait to get my first piece from them. In any case, I don't really have anything repainted so if I don't get a decent goggles up portrait, she will def go back.

Yeah I think it is ridiculous that people pay $500 for a PF (what it costs me to Canada with import) and then people just say casually "Oh I'll just have her repainted." No thanks. Not worth the trouble. If you get a good CW with good paint, keep her but if not I would send her packing. If enough people reject poor quality, then SS will up their game once again. As for XM, I can't wait to have my first piece either. Incredible work and paint expesive but rare and worth it imo. :clap

There won't be one. It's not in the license

Big Bad Toy store carries their stuff but are sold out of all right now. If you place a po and cancel it you will receive emails for when the next XM piece goes up for PO and that way you won't miss out on it. Contact their customer service and they will explain exactly how to do it. Their prices for XM are decent.

I cancelled Catwoman, couldn't deal with the googly eye crap. The only reasons I'm collecting Sideshow right now are female Batman rogues and female horror/fantasy figures. Which basically means Court of the Dead and Poison Ivy (in-hand pics of Ivy look good at least.) If Sideshow doesn't knock the Court of the Dead figures out of the park I'll cancel them and then I'm done with Sideshow. They seem like nice people but they've lost control of the factories that paint these things.

I could deal with having Ivy in my collection without Catwoman (don't like the Darwyn Cooke costume much anyway) because I'm sure we'll be getting an Arkham Harley eventually, and probably another Catwoman too. But the Court of the Dead is an all or nothing proposition for me. I have Queen, Kier and the Siren on pre-order, and all three have to work. If any of them arrive with crap paint work or bad eye placement I'm done with the line.

Big Bad Toy store carries their stuff but are sold out of all right now. If you place a po and cancel it you will receive emails for when the next XM piece goes up for PO and that way you won't miss out on it. Contact their customer service and they will explain exactly how to do it. Their prices for XM are decent.

BBTS buys from an indirect source and not whole sale from XM and their prices have gone up beyond what the pieces are supposed to be sold for. Hence why their Magneto was $900 plus shipping, and their Pheonix was $1100 plus shipping. If those are decent prices, then I want your pay rate.

Glad I didn't fall into the XM hype.

??? Did XM do something wrong?

Yeah I think it is ridiculous that people pay $500 for a PF (what it costs me to Canada with import) and then people just say casually "Oh I'll just have her repainted." No thanks. Not worth the trouble. If you get a good CW with good paint, keep her but if not I would send her packing. If enough people reject poor quality, then SS will up their game once again. As for XM, I can't wait to have my first piece either. Incredible work and paint expesive but rare and worth it imo. :clap

Exactly, Qc needs to be better for that kind of ever increasing pricing. I really hope WW does not come with issues like CW and Ivy did.

Just got off the phone with SSC and they told me Catwoman was stuck at the port. They told me they weren't going to charge me until the strike at the port stopped. So I imagine if you were pay in full on the 8th you didn't get charged and your Catwoman is stuck at the port too. Just wanted to keep you guys updated.

Back