Casa Del Bergholtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy Bergholtz said:
Nope, the Mummy was sculpted at least a year before I took that pic.
A year? How hard is it to keep quiet about what you're working on? Do you ever tell friends and family what project you're on? What guidelines (if any) do companies have about secrecy?

And what's the next Batman piece you're working on? :D

Batty said:
What guidelines (if any) do companies have about secrecy?
he probably cant say :lol

I guess the sarcophagus being sculpted in China kind of makes some sense now. In places the sculpt is pretty loose IMO. But it still works beautifully.

I need to watch The Mummy again to see if the stripes from the the lid to the base align. THought it was odd that they dont on this piece, unless they dont in the film.

Fritz said:
Can you post a pic so we can see how beautiful it was originally? :)

Yikes... I'll warn you, it's not a sculpt that you wanna look at very closely. :) Keep in mind this was one of my VERY early portrait sculpts, I cringe to look back at it. Also, there were many, many variations of this sculpt. I lost count of how many times I revised it before it was finally approved. For that matter, the pics you see below are of my last attempt, but the portrait was re-worked significantly by Mat Falls before the prototype images were taken for the figure (I think the smirk was dropped, among a slew of other changes). Anyway, having said all that... Here's the infamous Willow sculpt---

willow.jpg

Batty said:
year? How hard is it to keep quiet about what you're working on? Do you ever tell friends and family what project you're on? What guidelines (if any) do companies have about secrecy?

And what's the next Batman piece you're working on?

Sometimes it's very hard, although I'm a lot more used to it now. Actually keeping things a secret has become the easy part... The tough part is just waiting for the work to finally hit shelves!

And I can tell you that it's an action figure, but that's about it. :)

Andy Bergholtz said:
Sometimes it's very hard, although I'm a lot more used to it now. Actually keeping things a secret has become the easy part... The tough part is just waiting for the work to finally hit shelves!

Cool! As long as you tell us which one it is when it comes out so I don't miss it.

Andy Bergholtz said:
Yikes... I'll warn you, it's not a sculpt that you wanna look at very closely. :) Keep in mind this was one of my VERY early portrait sculpts, I cringe to look back at it.

Give me a freakin break!!!! That is AWESOME!!! :rock

...but the portrait was re-worked significantly by Mat Falls before the prototype images were taken for the figure...

Why o why!?!? There is nothing wrong with that head!! I LIKE IT!!! :bow

Fritz said:
Why o why!?!? There is nothing wrong with that head!! I LIKE IT!!! :bow
No kidding! Seeing Andy's great original unpainted sculpts for Willow and Darla make me weep at what we ended up with in the production versions. :monkey2

And then they went and gave his brilliant Cordelia sculpt a lazy eye. :banghead

Andy Bergholtz said:
Yikes... I'll warn you, it's not a sculpt that you wanna look at very closely. :) Keep in mind this was one of my VERY early portrait sculpts, I cringe to look back at it. Also, there were many, many variations of this sculpt. I lost count of how many times I revised it before it was finally approved. For that matter, the pics you see below are of my last attempt, but the portrait was re-worked significantly by Mat Falls before the prototype images were taken for the figure (I think the smirk was dropped, among a slew of other changes). Anyway, having said all that... Here's the infamous Willow sculpt---

willow.jpg

that's...your early protrait sculpt?
the hair is amazing as usual.

Hey Andy....I have that same silver mini-fridge, you did a great sculpt on that fridge....it's a bit noisy though. Also, your Hulk completes me :D

spelling edit

Last edited:
Andy, I love the sculpts you do, you're a very talented man, and your studio looks like a great atmosphere to work in. I was wondering in this picture:

heads.jpg

Is that Maximus from Gladiator's head 2nd from the left at the bottom?

Sure seems to be. What a great looking headsculpt!

JS :)

*rushes to place "Gladiator Premium Format Figure" on list of 5 things he can by despite his New Year's Resolution to not buy anything.* :monkey3

Awsome work and studio, your work is the best out there!.. are you going to DCdirect exclusivley or will you be doing sideshow work still?

gbeef said:
Awsome work and studio, your work is the best out there!.. are you going to DCdirect exclusivley or will you be doing sideshow work still?
i'm not 100% sure but
i read somewhere that alot of the stuff he sculpted has yet to be released BY SIDESHOW so that's great news!!!!:chew :chew :chew :chew

sunohc said:
i'm not 100% sure but
i read somewhere that alot of the stuff he sculpted has yet to be released BY SIDESHOW so that's great news!!!!:chew :chew :chew :chew

I believe Andy himself said that, it has deffinately been said, and I believe relative to the Star Wars line, that we haven't seen the last of Andy's sculpts.

Monk said:
*rushes to place "Gladiator Premium Format Figure" on list of 5 things he can by despite his New Year's Resolution to not buy anything.* :monkey3

Count me in as well. That head sculpt looks amazing!!! I would love a Gladiator to add to my collection PF or 12 inch would be awesome. Dang I love that movie!!!!

Back