CARS 2 toy discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if any size Siddeley will be made in diecast? Mattel or disney store. I want a Siddeley, but not a big one like they have right now.

Don't have the answer to that one but like Marco jet, it could end up as a deluxe vehicle. But I like that Siddeley is closer to scale like he is in the movie.

Yeah, I may end up getting that Disney exclusive.
On another note, I stopped by Walmart and all the cars 2 diecast pegs were empty. But filled with the deluxe and talking ones.

Just as an aside, there's another spy jet made by Mattel.. it's in the same style of their boxed track sets and comes with Mater. This set is cheaper and has a smaller scale Slddeley.

When reading the specs on the disney store shop it states that the Finn that comes with Siddeley is 3 1/4". So I believe the disney exclusive is in scale to their diecast cars and the other that you can purchase at other retailers is in scale to the 1:55 scale. Definitely going to get the disney store exclusive Siddeley.

Saw rod redline at Walmart today, since I got the Disney store exclusive I decided not to collect the 1:55 scale. It keeps me from buying the variants, I hope.

Also if anyone cares, if you find something from disneystore.com and your local Disney store don't have it they can give you a coupon for free shipping.

Difference between Disney Store Die Cast Cars and Others

So I picked some of these up at Walmart yesterday and after looking them over I noticed something. A lot of them the eyes don't match their characters characteristics. For instance the Sherriff car has no visor above his eyes but the one at the Disney Store does. Also all the eyes are going the same direction when they shouldn't be. For instance Sarge should be scowling where he looks kind of sad on the one from Walmart.

I'm seriously considering taking these back and getting some from the Disney Store. Can someone tell me if the they are the same size or is their a size different between TRU, Target, and Walmarts Cars compared with DS Cars?

SNSGUY

Last edited:
I love this line of 1:55 scale. I was at my local TRU two weeks ago and scored all of the two packs, the delux, and all but 5 of the single pack characters.

Can't wait for the movie :yess:

Re: Difference between Disney Store Die Cast Cars and Others

So I picked some of these up at Walmart yesterday and after looking them over I noticed something. A lot of them the eyes don't match their characters characteristics. For instance the Sherriff car has no visor above his eyes but the one at the Disney Store does. Also all the eyes are going the same direction when they shouldn't be. For instance Sarge should be scowling where he looks kind of sad on the one from Walmart.

I'm seriously considering taking these back and getting some from the Disney Store. Can someone tell me if the they are the same size or is their a size different between TRU, Target, and Walmarts Cars compared with DS Cars?

SNSGUY

Disney Store CARS are larger and made by some company (nobody knows).

The CARS toys sold by every mass retail outlet is made by Mattel.

I don't want to lead you into the wrong path but you should ultimately choose what you like better. I go for Mattel because I know I'll get the most variety out of the line. But I've seen the Disney Store ones and they look pretty solid too.

Re: Difference between Disney Store Die Cast Cars and Others

I myself likes the disney store exclusive because for it's price it's diecast, comes with a display case and backdrop and a little bigger. I first bought the mattel ones then returned it after seeing the disney store ones. But check them out before you decide.

SNSGUY

Disney Store CARS are larger and made by some company (nobody knows).

The CARS toys sold by every mass retail outlet is made by Mattel.

I don't want to lead you into the wrong path but you should ultimately choose what you like better. I go for Mattel because I know I'll get the most variety out of the line. But I've seen the Disney Store ones and they look pretty solid too.

I myself likes the disney store exclusive because for it's price it's diecast, comes with a display case and backdrop and a little bigger. I first bought the mattel ones then returned it after seeing the disney store ones. But check them out before you decide.

Thanks guys! After looking into it I found that I really like the Disney Store Cars Die Casts better. I wasn't impressed with Matell's line. I was in Gatlinburg TN which about two towns over just happened to have a Disney Store. They closed down both Stores here in Nashville. The thing was they had none of the Cars 2 in the plastic casing. I was pretty disappointed. :monkey2

I ordered some on line but lost the Lightning McQueen Die Cast in minutes. I had it my cart but before I could press order it was gone. I'm pretty bummed about that since that was the one I wanted most. :gah: If anyone can get a hold of one I can pay shipping and such. I'm good for it an would pay immediately through pay pal. I've done it for a couple of other things as well. Please let me know!

SNSGUY

I haven't had a chance to hit the Disney Store at all yet and probably won't be able to until the weekend after the movie comes out. But I will try. Put down a laundry list here and I'll see what I can find. But don't count on me!

I haven't had a chance to hit the Disney Store at all yet and probably won't be able to until the weekend after the movie comes out. But I will try. Put down a laundry list here and I'll see what I can find. But don't count on me!

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm actually only looking for McQueen and Ramone with the British flag paint job. Of course in the collective cases. Thanks for taking a looksy for me. I greatly appreciate it! :clap

SNSGUY

Picked up the last 2 cars I wanted at Disney store. Lightning and Holley, they still got the 2 for $12. Now waiting for their spy jet to be in stock.

how about some life-size "toys"? :D

P1050015.jpg

P1050014.jpg

P1050012.jpg

P1050011.jpg

P1050009.jpg

P1050008.jpg

P1040984.jpg

P1050022.jpg

P1050021.jpg

I saw it yesterday. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5. Five being great.

I LOVED the first film. Great story and awesome characters.

Part 2 was a major let down. That was the best they could come up with? A Mater spy story? It had some ok moments but was very weak overall and poor use of the characters. Lightning really was not even in this one. It was the Mater show and was too forced IMO.

What happened Ed!??! :) j/k Your daughter is so big now too!!!

2 out of 5 - first let down of the summer!

The 3D did look amazing though.

LOL Jeff! :D

yeah, i consider it an "episode" film. kinda like Star Trek: Insurrection compared to Star Trek: First Contact.

Back