Captain Rex Phase II Figure Confirmed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original version of Rex is still one of the best figures in my collection! IMHO it is a must have! I do love the new modified version of his phase 2 helmet. I'd be in for getting the updated ver. but SSC needs to step up and make sure it's on par w/ the first one! You have to admit the jet pack was a great addition to the original ( as well as head sculpt, extra hands) and raised the bar on the clone figure line. If it does happen, I just hope it doesn't trend toward the upcoming Commander Bacara release ( less for more $$$$).

The original version of Rex is still one of the best figures in my collection! IMHO it is a must have! I do love the new modified version of his phase 2 helmet. I'd be in for getting the updated ver. but SSC needs to step up and make sure it's on par w/ the first one! You have to admit the jet pack was a great addition to the original ( as well as head sculpt, extra hands) and raised the bar on the clone figure line. If it does happen, I just hope it doesn't trend toward the upcoming Commander Bacara release ( less for more $$$$).

Agreed on all the above, I really,really, hope we get an extra backpack as seen in the Krell arc, especially some thermal detonators. I have mentioned this already, but a extra hand holding a thermal detonator would be awesome with the clones.

Agreed on all the above, I really,really, hope we get an extra backpack as seen in the Krell arc, especially some thermal detonators. I have mentioned this already, but a extra hand holding a thermal detonator would be awesome with the clones.

I think that would be great!!!! That is the kind of stuff that would justify a second purchase. Cody had the order 66 holo hand, a thermal detonator hand shouldn't be very difficult. I'd also like them to add some different weapons in the mix.

More the pricing dept IMO

Yeah, i think the magnet feature really boosted the value of Rex in Phase I armor
Bacara plainly failed in the accessory dept.

Yes agree with both of you. SS raised the bar w/ Rex, Cody, Bly and Gree to a lesser extent. But Bacara seems like a bit of a let down. Doesn't even come close to above mentioned. It's just greed. You know they will be able to reuse much of that helmet sculpt for the snowtrooper and galactic marine figures! Sorry to jump off topic for a bit.

well now that they have a preorder for the PF next week lets get this one out right behind it please

Really looking forward to this one, a very striking armour variation especially when compared to other phase 2 troopers. :yess: I hope they tone down the hair colour a bit if we get another un-helmeted head.

Too bad there's no upgrade kit.. Might have to go on ebay buy the few pieces to upgrade my Captain Rex.. Phase 2 helmet, ARC pauldron and prob a few hands..

Too bad there's no upgrade kit.. Might have to go on ebay buy the few pieces to upgrade my Captain Rex.. Phase 2 helmet, ARC pauldron and prob a few hands..

Bobamike, from here on the forums has made an unpainted Rex Phase 2 helmet and also has done the Arc pauldon with pistols and holsters. I've bought from him before, he's a reliable seller. You can see his site here:

https://bobamikescustoms.weebly.com/items-for-sale.html

and his custom Rex Phase 2 helmet painted up:
attachment.php

I think my interest in Star Wars will be reignited soon. :rock
This will be the ultimate companion piece for my ROTS Ani.

Captain_Rex_in_Phase_2_Armor.jpg

Anyway, any new previews for Season 5?

I passed on phase 1 Rex, but really hope they hop on getting this oen out. Also wouldn't mind seeing a Wolffe with the advanced armored helm like he has this season. Gotta keep the CW's stuff rolling. :clap

Ah man, my heart jumped for a bit with the thread bump, was hoping for news.

I wonder if SS will do CW style bodies--slimmer profile bodies.

i think we'll see a lot of new clones when season 5 of the clone wars airs, i love phase II was never a big fan of the phase I helmets really.

Chances are, they don't want to mention anything just yet because they are selling the Rex Premium Format. From a business point of view, they don't want to lose money on that item should they announce a new phase 2 Rex to soon.
Once they make the most out of the PF Rex. I'm sure they'll announce the phase 2 Rex. ;)

Last edited:
Chances are, they don't want to mention anything just yet because they are selling the Rex Premium Format. From a business point of view, they don't want to lose money on that item should they announce a new phase 2 Rex to soon.
Once they make the most out of the PF Rex. I'm sure they'll announce the phase 2 Rex. ;)

:lecture:goodpost:

I agree. and not only is the Rex PF up for PO, but I believe next week the Phase 1 Rex Legendary Scale Bust will be up for PO too. I'm pretty sure we won't see the PhaseII Rex for awhile

Back