Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats why I bought her lol ....and probably half the other people as well. Im a collector of art, and this is a work of art :p ...plus from what I know of her.. she's badass.

Agreed, just beautifully crafted, the colors really pop too. Space is not on my side, wish I had room for this beauty somewhere.

Yes as always

So that's why it's still up for 'Preorder' on the Sideshow site?

I think what bothers me about ordering this with my RPs is that if I get it and QC sucks, I'm screwed.

Sideshow won't refund your points if you elect a return, do they? Memories tells me no.

Have there been any QC issues? I'm curious to know the answer to that as well, that would suck if they don't since it's still $$ that you're spending on it except it's $$ you've earned through their site, plus it isn't your fault.

Also, was wondering if anyone who has her in hand can specify the exact height of the statue to the millimeter? I saw in the review posted earlier that she is just slightly taller than what it was on the Sideshow page, and I had that issue with the Arkham Asylum Joker where the hammer of his gun put the statue at just millimeters over the specified height and that messed up my display plans.

Is your Collection on here?, my old one is haven't updated it in a couple years

No, I'm fairly new. to the site. Been here around 6 months so I don't have any collection threads yet. Maybe I'll start one when I got some time to kill =D

Also, was wondering if anyone who has her in hand can specify the exact height of the statue to the millimeter? I saw in the review posted earlier that she is just slightly taller than what it was on the Sideshow page, and I had that issue with the Arkham Asylum Joker where the hammer of his gun put the statue at just millimeters over the specified height and that messed up my display plans.

Well I just put a tape measure to her.It's not exactly to the milimeter but she is 22.6 inches tall. (measured with regular head). WIth the Ex she is 23 inches.

Mine looks similar but not as bad, only around the red parts on her upper back and one or two spots around the boots. The blue areas on mine have one or two touch ups but its very discreet, not around the boob area or anywhere too noticeable. They over painted the gold lines and then went back around the lines to touch them up. Id probably be upset if my blue areas looked like yours but I dont think you'll get a replacement, probably maybe a credit.

________
An update to the white/paint rub on my pieces elbow.. I was able to eventually wipe it off to where its barely noticeable so i'll be keeping her I suppose.

So after inspecting her again, I decided to ask for a replacement body. Between the white powdery stuff around the blue body, the rub on the elbow and the sloppy paint around the gold.. it was too much and was bothering me. Im looking at other peoples vids and images and they look nothing like the one I received. The front of my statue looks pretty nice but the back is terrible.

9j6QPqe.jpg

GSNG8Ak.jpg

8gVmbN5.jpg

SJ0HOkg.jpg

Ill let you guys know the outcome when i hear back.

The elbow is noticeable. Not sure if SS will warrant a replacement for the others.

So after inspecting her again, I decided to ask for a replacement body. Between the white powdery stuff around the blue body, the rub on the elbow and the sloppy paint around the gold.. it was too much and was bothering me. Im looking at other peoples vids and images and they look nothing like the one I received. The front of my statue looks pretty nice but the back is terrible.

9j6QPqe.jpg

GSNG8Ak.jpg

8gVmbN5.jpg

SJ0HOkg.jpg

Ill let you guys know the outcome when i hear back.

yeah from what I am seeing looks like, scuff marks from the shipping mold, P.S. do Appreciate the A$$ Shot ;)

That white powder/dust rubbed right off for me when using my finger.

I was able to get most of it off, I'm just looking to see how they respond about the paint lines. It would be one thing if they were all like this but I'm seeing other people's pics and they look flawless. I'll keep her either way but I'm curious to see what SS proposes. I'm just glad the front of the statue came out almost flawless.

So besides myself and the other guy who posted pics of the sloppy gold lines, Does anyone elses look like this? I'm basing my complaint off of about 10 statues that I've seen posted so far... And so far mine and the other guy in this thread are the only ones that look this sloppy.

So besides myself and the other guy who posted pics of the sloppy gold lines, Does anyone elses look like this? I'm basing my complaint off of about 10 statues that I've seen posted so far... And so far mine and the other guy in this thread are the only ones that look this sloppy.

Nah, mine is pretty much flawless with the paint app. I would ask for a replacement if I were you. Might as well do it now since the EX's are still available

I finally caved and ordered her. This was best of show for me at SDCC. I didn't follow the character growing up but it's just so damn good and she is an important part of the Marvel Universe. My goal is to have one statue of every major Marvel character.... Then make a museum out of my apartment and charge admission.

Mine looks similar but not as bad, only around the red parts on her upper back and one or two spots around the boots. The blue areas on mine have one or two touch ups but its very discreet, not around the boob area or anywhere too noticeable. They over painted the gold lines and then went back around the lines to touch them up. Id probably be upset if my blue areas looked like yours but I dont think you'll get a replacement, probably maybe a credit.

________
An update to the white/paint rub on my pieces elbow.. I was able to eventually wipe it off to where its barely noticeable so i'll be keeping her I suppose.

yes, make a request

Thanks, I will try and see what can be done and keep you updated

Sorry, just learnng how to use the forum tools, but I will check with SS to see if something can be done

Savage....one question: Do I NEED this????

:D

Honestly dude... it's an amazing piece. I'm going to build a rider for mine and I don't think I'll ever sell. I'm one of the few that actually like the bad ass battle helmet portrait more than the helmet less head... but damn, both are good. This is the first statue I will actually change the parts.

All in all, I need it! If you are any type of fan of the haracter it's a must have!

Back