Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s projected for a 135 opening weekend :lol

Whether people end up liking it or not..they are still buying tickets because they have to see and judge for themselves . Even if many walk out dissatisfied, theaters still got their money so I don’t blame them for thinking it’s going to sell this opening weekend

Yes, still can’t believe Han met Chewie and Lando, won the Falcon, did the Kessel Run and learnt to shoot first all in the one film. At least they have no need for sequels.

Coming to you from the franchise that decided to have Darth Vader build C-3PO 30 years prior to us first being introduced to them..

Look i’m just happy CM didn’t suck without Chastain or Blunt in the role!

After AEG i’m putting a bow on this crazy 11 year journey and then celebrating its historic monumental achievement!

Not one single movie in those 11 years can be said it all out sucked, not ONE!

My fear was that CM was going to taint the MCU and thankfully it didn’t.

I’ll have just enough energy for Spiderman 2 then i’m taking a break i’m perfectly content with what we have been given since 1998 Blade wake me when the X-Men and F4 arrive on the scene.

I mean seriously I don’t even need to see Shazam because he’s really just Superman and WW2 is just a Superman that leaps instead of flys and i’ve seen her do her thing in 2 movies now I mean how many times do I need to see her touch her gauntlets together it will never be as bad ass as it was with her entrance in BvS anyways catch my drift.

I’m going to cry from relief that it’s over in AEG lol

Last edited:
You've got me pretty excited jye. You've never been one to give an average MCU film a pass (as BP proved) so I'm looking forward to seeing what makes this one so fun.

Rotten Tomatoes has scrubbed 54K Captain Marvel fans review. Don’t know if it’s something nefarious, the score itself didn’t move much. It went from 32 to 34%.

This is just a poorly-made movie. Nothing outside of that influences my judgement of the movie itself.

Terrible script. Terrible directing. Terrible editing. Terrible hero costume. Terrible music injected at the wrong time.

I really got the feeling that those involved thought this was a sure thing and at the end of the day they just didn’t put in the effort required.

At least with Wonder Woman you can tell they put effort and thought into everything.

You've got me pretty excited jye. You've never been one to give an average MCU film a pass (as BP proved) so I'm looking forward to seeing what makes this one so fun.

I went in expecting an annoying Brie plus a really boring first half and tedious last half with action worse than BP!

Thankfully none of that materialized for me.

Honestly I would easily watch CM again before BP.

I was just relieved that I actually got invested in the story, the mystery.

This is just a poorly-made movie. Nothing outside of that influences my judgement of the movie itself.

Terrible script. Terrible directing. Terrible editing. Terrible hero costume. Terrible music injected at the wrong time.

I really got the feeling that those involved thought this was a sure thing and at the end of the day they just didn’t put in the effort required.

At least with Wonder Woman you can tell they put effort and thought into everything.

See for me I equate the term terrible with movies like Catwoman, Batman Forever/Robin, Trank F4, Wolverine Origins etc.

Every MCU movie in my eyes have been made with a level of competence to where none can be labeled as being Catwoman terrible.

I can sit down and enjoy something from every MCU movie including CM and yes even BP lol

The whole thing is a turn off. On one side you have angry nerds mad about her inclusion and the other side you have angry women that say you have to see this movie or ur sexist. Movie just looks boring and stupid. Her character is just not good to me. Same with antman and Thor . I just find them boring

Decent flick.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not a big deal of a film. A decent side story on the way to Endgame. Nothing made me think Thanos should be ******** his pants though. If he bodied Hulk and Thor. CM should be about the same

Spoiler Spoiler:

Rotten Tomatoes has scrubbed 54K Captain Marvel fans review. Don’t know if it’s something nefarious, the score itself didn’t move much. It went from 32 to 34%.

It actually reached a low of 31% before they deleted the 50k reviews

It was at 36% with only 4K reviews after that

Sorry for the slanted pic, it was the best I could find comparing the numbers ‘pre-purge:’

85C0A9D9-E0F1-4BD3-B5AA-6E05B1A78311.jpeg

Now it’s at this:

CAE34A68-4246-4C1B-B77D-B59847951BCB.jpeg

Critic score dropped a bit

Meanwhile, at Metacritic:

EE4D5CBB-3720-4DC0-A9F6-17E54F836735.jpeg

...This is day one, folks :lol

:exactly: This movie has become ground zero in the in the culture wars. When in reality it’s just a mediocre film that will be forgotten in 5 weeks.
The movie and Larson and her “activism” put it there. Why didn’t Wonder Woman get the same problem? Because they played the “strong woman” very little, and instead let Gal Gadot win everyone with her personality. They knew this movie was **** from the start, so they played the identity games.

The movie and Larson and her “activism” put it there. Why didn’t Wonder Woman get the same problem? Because they played the “strong woman” very little, and instead let Gal Gadot win everyone with her personality. They knew this movie was **** from the start, so they played the identity games.

Agree, when Gal Gadot was first casted I thought she was wrong for the part. But she won me over with her grace, hard work, and embracement of the fans. Brie Larson should have followed Gal’s example, But I don’t think she has it in her.

You gotta admit is seems awfully implausible that SO many negative reviews come in when the film has only been open for 24 hours.....

I mean with TLJ, I could believe it as the rabid fans were primed and ready.

But I highly doubt all those fans giving it 1/2 star went into the films excited and wanting to see it (as most opening day people do), and then came out that disappointed.....it just smells wrong. It just weird. Almost like they went to a film they knew they wouldn't like....and who does that?

Also, so may of those reviews are 1/2 star or one star......does anyone have any sort of clarity on how to rate? Is it just 5 stars or 1/2 star for people now? talk about overacting. Also, its suspicious how many of the 1/2 star reviews sound like they were written by the same person......whats the likelihood that they would all say "boring" or "bored". Its pretty small, you can count the word boring, on each page multiple times.....seems odd that all the 1/2 star reviews would sound the same....1 sentence...and using the word boring.

Similar thing on the other side.....all the 5 star reviews comment on how great Brie is......

RT seem to be a simple con game, both sides are playing. If you read between the lines you can find people who actually reviews the film with a fair critical eye...bt there is like 1-2 out of 10.

Also quite telling that the 5 star and 1/2 star people all seem to not have reviewed any other films.....just this one...A crap ton of "audience reviews were made before the film even came out...and they say they didnt see it!?!?!?!?
RT has a major problem.
Smells like troll.....

From the first time we see Nick Fury in Iron Man 1, he just stands around doing nothing in his trenchcoat, essentially Samuel L. Jackson playing Samuel L. Jackson. Here they have a younger Nick Fury and all I see in the trailers is him driving Captain Marvel around and being dumbfounded at her powers. He also pets a cat and she mocks him for it. Is he really lame in this (again)? I've been waiting to see him in action...
Nicholas_Fury_(Earth-TRN259)_001.png

Back