Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been bagging this a lot, because I really think Carol Danvers is a terribly boring character, but more likely than not, the MCU will make her more interesting than her comicbook counterpart, which shouldn't be a difficult task.

Ha ha, pretty cool. She even got herself an appropriate zip-up jacket to help her get in the zone.

13907166_1441541199195781_145385401801325516_n.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Love it!

What are this characters powers anyway flight and shoots energy. I applaud marvel for taking b character and making movies out of them, but they should have went with something that was at least popular in the comic medium this character has such a weak story arch. The male Version did have a longer run, but even he was not a ll that . Is this because they need their own female super hero so they choose he I guess they really don't have any famous marvel female heroes that can stand on there own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I couldn't disagree more. Carol Danvers is very important to the Marvel universe.

She can fly (6 times the speed of sound), has superhuman strength/stamina, she can absorb natural, magical and alien energy and use it to power herself to higher levels and discharge the energy as a weapon.

And this is after she's fused with Kree DNA. Before that, she was highly ranked in the Air Force, worked for NASA and became a SHIELD agent.

Carol Danvers also became the leader of the Mighty Avengers.

Oh and Rogue, one of the strongest X-Men got her powers from Ms. Marvel.

She's important and strong.

I'm over Captain Marvel in the comics now. Civil War isn't doing her character any favors. It'll be interesting to see how she's portrayed in the film.

I couldn't disagree more. Carol Danvers is very important to the Marvel universe.

She can fly (6 times the speed of sound), has superhuman strength/stamina, she can absorb natural, magical and alien energy and use it to power herself to higher levels and discharge the energy as a weapon.

And this is after she's fused with Kree DNA. Before that, she was highly ranked in the Air Force, worked for NASA and became a SHIELD agent.

Carol Danvers also became the leader of the Mighty Avengers.

Oh and Rogue, one of the strongest X-Men got her powers from Ms. Marvel.

She's important and strong.
Thanks for reminding me I forgot that Rogue had absorbed her powers and I was asking myself were was she all this time , in a comma . Until the mighty avengers and started incorporating her in to the team roster.

I am enjoying her role in the current civil war 2 story line . I really don't follow here solo series and the closest thing I think of is that she is marvels supergirl.

In any event this will bring the kree in to the marvel movie universe bit I have no idea who could be her foe.

Marvel can make any character interesting since the have a formula they follow. I just feel it could end up being a big generic and repetitive.

I'm over Captain Marvel in the comics now. Civil War isn't doing her character any favors. It'll be interesting to see how she's portrayed in the film.
I remember I started to read her stuff to justify buying her ML figure, read a big chunk of the NOW series and a lot of old stuff with her old costume, and what a waste of time it was, what a bland and uninteresting character, blergh.

Ended up selling both my Cap Marvel figures :lol

I remember I started to read her stuff to justify buying her ML figure, read a big chunk of the NOW series and a lot of old stuff with her old costume, and what a waste of time it was, what a bland and uninteresting character, blergh.

Ended up selling both my Cap Marvel figures :lol

Now use that extra cash and go buy the new Carnage series by Conway. It's Tomb of Dracula meets Alien and it's great!

As for Danvers, well, I was never interested in her. Black Widow is far more interesting, and she should've gotten a solo already. She's a Russian Captain America with ties to the Romanoffs! In the recent Avengers books she's bland, but in her solos and in Brubaker's work she's great.

Now use that extra cash and go buy the new Carnage series by Conway. It's Tomb of Dracula meets Alien and it's great!

As for Danvers, well, I was never interested in her. Black Widow is far more interesting, and she should've gotten a solo already. She's a Russian Captain America with ties to the Romanoffs! In the recent Avengers books she's bland, but in her solos and in Brubaker's work she's great.
What? Seriously? That's awesome. I didn't know that.

Black Widow would be way to dark for marvels taste after all my she is an hit man.

Does any body know of a good captain marvel story arch to read up on and I am referring to the male version.

What? Seriously? That's awesome. I didn't know that.

It was mentioned in the 2010 run by Liu & Acuna. Twas a damn great book, if I'm being honest.

Black Widow would be way to dark for marvels taste after all my she is an hit man.

Eh, not really. Her comics were never gory or disturbing. Something along the lines of the recent James Bond movies is definitely within Marvel's parameters. And besides, she's not a "hit-man", she's a spy.

Does any body know of a good captain marvel story arch to read up on and I am referring to the male version.

The Death of Captain Marvel is a great one. The 2008 mini with Skrull Mar-Vell was great as well. Apart from that, there's the original volume, the two Genis-Vell ones, and after that it's just Carol.

So the news are coming in from SDCC. It will be set in the early '90s, Nick Fury will have two eyes, and the Skrulls are the villains.

If it takes place in the early '90s, and we never heard of her before now, I guess she'll get frozen in stasis like Cap and re-appear in Infinity War or whatever. Surely Marvel had to give something to Fox to get the Skrulls.

Best thing she ever did was die and give Rogue her powers.

Damn right.

I'm not a fan of the character anyway, so this movie has zero appeal for me. I'm sure they'll girl power it up and make her a bad ass trying to draw the Wonder Woman crowd, but who cares?

Back