Captain Hook PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this statue and proudly had it on display before by daughter fell into a pedastel and knocked him over and he broke in half.:mad:

Now im torn because if I buy him again, its like spending $600 on this which I would never do but it was/is one of my favorites.

wat do?

It would be annoying to buy a piece twice.

However...

IMO it's the best piece from the best Disney statue line you can buy, it's on discount atm, comes with free shipping and with a coupon you could knock another 25 off it probably.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better value or indeed a better Disney piece out there.

So if you do choose to replace, it's probably the best time to do so, who knows if there will be many or any more in this line.

My Captain Hook PF arrived today, I am at work but can’t wait to check it out tonight.

How is this for fast shipping to the UK… I ordered it on Thursday morning from SS and it’s in my house Monday morning in London, that’s an amazing turnaround from SS and FedEx, especially considering it has to navigate customs and alike.

So got home and took some pics (below).

Awesome, awesome PF, love it, just perfect really.

Tic Toc is huge and the highlight of the piece for me, but the whole thing is so dynamic and well put together.

Didn't have any issues with anything, other than the sword is sharp! Gotta watch where you place this guy as a result!

Do wish Sideshow had more Disney pieces though, because I'd snap them up.

5nD0kxF.jpg

2XyvHii.jpg

What I like about these animated character statutes is that they are so close to the prototypes, really digging it.

I wonder if there will be any more Disney animated PF's, would love to see some.

That would be a shame, cos they're the best Disney statues going.

A heroes line would be cool, their new stuff would translate so easy into PF format.

Oh wells.

MV5BMTc2NDU3NzI3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE3NDc2Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY337_.jpg

Captain Hook turned out amazing. I wanted to bring him to the office but too nervous because he has so many pieces to carry. I hope Sideshow continues to produce more from this line.

I'd love to see Prince John and Jafar

Belle and the Beast, my top two wants from the moment the license was announced, alas never going to be.

Way to go Sideshow.

It’s a shame because polystone PF’s works so well in giving dimensionality to these 2D cartoons, you could imagine these things sitting in Disney HQ.

By contrast, with other PF’s, if you are trying to sculpt and paint a photorealistic human head based on a popular actor, well that is a tough ask, but Disney stuff is much easier to get right, it’s not that difficult to sculpt or paint but the effect is really impressive in person, so it’s a great match for the medium. I’d love to deck out a room with characters from all the films brought to life like this, but alas Hook sits by himself for now:(

Still, what a piece.

Belle and the Beast, my top two wants from the moment the license was announced, alas never going to be.

Way to go Sideshow.

Why? Has it been confirmed that the line has already been cancelled? I really do hope not!

Why? Has it been confirmed that the line has already been cancelled? I really do hope not!

It can take Sideshow years to 'officially' cancel a line, instead they just stop making any.

As it stands, we have nothing new due to start shipping, nothing new on pre-order, nothing new in production previews and nothing new announced or hinted at. Last years SDCC was very noticeable for it's lack of Disney PF's (at least it was the first thing I went looking for and noticed), so I'd say if this years SDCC is just the same, then it's as good as unofficially dead.

Given that at the start it was going to be 4-5 PF's a year, which we had for that first year, my dream of having 10 or so PF's all lined up is lost. Seems my collection will just be the Queen and Jessica, which is a shame, since as PF statues, both are great.

If I new they were continuing the line I'd most likely complete it but since it seems they've given up on it I think I'll just focus on WDCC.

WDCC is also done ... It is just such a shame :(

hmm, really, anything official on that. While I've not got any of those, I really wanted something bigger, etc and much of that seemed to be a bit overpriced, I may have to consider a few possible options before its all gone and way overpriced.

Only other option left would be to look at commission a PF or two of the ones I really wanted most, but that too has many problems.

Back