Captain Hook PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, where is that from? Wonder how big it is!

ah wdcc, about $3k and only 8 1/2" tall, no thanks, will wait for something bigger for cheaper from SS, do love the design though!

Spazzy is correct. It's 8 1/2" tall with a limited edition of 750...and it's steadily sells for a couple grand on the bay.Could you imagine if Sideshow tried to tackle a concept like that?...it would be a dream come true. i believe this piece was a 2001 Disneyland convention EX.

I agree Spazzy, at that price/scale i cannot justify the $$$. That's why i stated $325 for a Hook (Disney:balrog) PF is a DEAL.

...and Hook is just about flawless...one of the nicest suprises in recent memory. Hats off to Andy B

So what I'm curious about, why aren't these Disney pieces sold in Disney stores or theme parks?? If SS carries the license, why not sell it at official Disney stores? :dunno

In fact, it looks so good that it makes me wonder why they couldn't or didn't want to capture Maleficent's likeness. Sorry, still disappointed with that piece.

Just what I was thinking. This looks exactly like Captain Hook's character as we see him in the films, while Maleficent is more like a half-ass interpretation of her on-screen appearance.

So what I'm curious about, why aren't these Disney pieces sold in Disney stores or theme parks?? If SS carries the license, why not sell it at official Disney stores? :dunno

I asked a guy at the high-end collectible shop at Disneyland while I was there last summer about these. He said he was aware of Sideshow and collects them, but for some reason, the stores don't carry them. Not sure if it's a Sideshow problem or Disney problem, but they seem like they would fit in the parks.

It doesn't make sense to me either. One would think these would be Perfect products to sell at the larger Disney stores...my 2 good friends have worked at the Disney Stores for decades and they don't have a good explanation either...something with the Disney Store (Franchise) is currently going through a lot of changes at this time. The Times Square (NYC) Flagship Store doesn't even carry collecitbles like these...IMO the Sideshow Disney PF's would FLY OFF THE SHELVES at the NYC Times Square Disney Store...doesn't make much sense to me.

Are the sleeves and tie sculpted?

Wait... what? Does AndyB work for Sideshow?

I believe the jacket/sleeves are fabric...not sure about the tie, looks like it's sculpted.

i'm pretty sure Andy Bergholtz is the primary sculptor of this piece. I must apologize to Andy, i really gave him a hard time about his Kirby Inspired Hulk PF...i bashed face sculpt because it's not my ideal representation of the character...but there's no denying the dude's got loads of talent.

I can't wait to get this "bad boy" on my shelf.

Wow! This looks great. I hope they figure out a good way to package the face secure enough so that the whiskers don't break.

CaptainHook4.jpg

I believe the jacket/sleeves are fabric...not sure about the tie, looks like it's sculpted.

I'm thinking everything is sculpted except the jacket and the strap over his shoulder.

i'm pretty sure Andy Bergholtz is the primary sculptor of this piece. I must apologize to Andy, i really gave him a hard time about his Kirby Inspired Hulk PF...i bashed face sculpt because it's not my ideal representation of the character...but there's no denying the dude's got loads of talent.

Very cool. All I know about Andy is that I have his John Locke, and it's arguably the greatest 1/6 scale head sculpt on the planet.

I thought Disney is starting to sell SS pieces, they already have marvel statues at their stores.

There probably just aren't that many to go around. Maybe they could sell a small handful in the park, but these things are just too limited to stock in all of the Disney Stores in malls across the country.

Wow, I love this. Takes me right back to my childhood. I really need a Peter Pan though. And a Robin Hood...

I know if I buy this I'll wind up getting Evil Queen and Maleficent.

I know if I buy this I'll wind up getting Evil Queen and Maleficent.

Yeah, same here. I just showed my wife Captain Hook and we both love it.

Of course then I told her, I'd have to backtrack and get the other 2.

:lol

:lol Yeah, sometimes its not how much an item costs, but how many other items it will lead to buying.

Well I just checked, Evil Queen exclusive is sold out. I thought it was still available for some reason.

Back