Captain Cold (CW's The Flash - Kitbash - WIP)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link for the jacket?

As others have since pointed out, it's the Hoth Han Solo jacket from Sideshow. It's tough to find, if not impossible. :(

Also, if possible, what are the other pieces used on this custom ? Specially that shirt and glasses.

The pants and boots are from the Hot Toys The Wolverine figure. I think I also left the t-shirt on him from that same figure...but it might be from a Terminator figure. Not sure.

The sweater is just a sixth scale wooly pully that I found on eBay. They pop up from time to time. If you're feeling ambitious, you could always track one down from the Sideshow Stalker figure and die it black. I might actually have an extra one of those lying around somewhere...

The sunglasses were the result of a long and patient process of searching eBay. It took months for me to find a pair with blue lenses. Up until then, I was using a pair of Hot Toys Hawkeye shades. They served as a decent placeholder.

Nice work! I just took the $8 Wentworth Miller head that I accidentally bought years ago when I didn't read an eBay auction carefully (thought I was buying the body, not the head only)' and stuck it on a $10 Big Lots SWAT guy and got a $9 parka from Ebay. Voila, cheap Leonard Snart! (Don't even have a CW Flash at that size, so 13" DC Direct comic version will have to do. It's okay, because he's blurry all the time anyway.

CaptCold-Flash-2.jpg

CaptCold-Flash-1.jpg

CaptCold-Flash-4.jpg

CaptCold-Flash-0.jpg

CaptCold-Flash-3.jpg

This is cool. :rock

Working on my Captain Cold. Found this thread. Hope someone makes a freeze gun in 1/6 scale...........posing and display comes next.... have the glasses on order then well WIP

View attachment 244308

View attachment 244309

:rock

Ah, that's fantastic! Just place my order. :D Been a while since I painted a gun, and I've never done one well enough for my tastes. I'll be giving this one the care and attention it deserves. Thanks SO much for posting!

So jealous of that parka! I'm doing his Legends kit but have had trouble sourcing his textures navy blue jumper.

Just went to look at Freeze Gun. I know a lot of work goes into 3D Modeling. I would probably do $25.00 but really the price is way out of us common folk budget.

I got the cold gun and heat guns from Shapeways, and figured the price is because of the Ultra Frosted medium. I had trouble painting the heat gun, but I'm really pleased with how the cold gun came out! I don't have any good close-ups, but I can shoot some. Here are some pics of my kitbashed Snart, Rory, and Sara.

ETA: I still have a fair bit of work to do--I haven't touched Mick's head, but I need to clean up/finish repainting Leonard's head, and Sara still needs her freckles.

29256609813_ae0315a08d_b.jpg

29883211485_6ed7926dfa_b.jpg

29589528710_f8bc0b952e_b.jpg

29589529490_1bfc09ca39_b.jpg

I got the cold gun and heat guns from Shapeways, and figured the price is because of the Ultra Frosted medium. I had trouble painting the heat gun, but I'm really pleased with how the cold gun came out! I don't have any good close-ups, but I can shoot some.

Wow! I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but somehow missed this post. Were you able to get any closeups of the guns? From what I can see they turned out beautifully.

Wow! I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but somehow missed this post. Were you able to get any closeups of the guns? From what I can see they turned out beautifully.

Here's a few from my mobile! But I can take better ones with my camera.

CuOU2VRWEAEt_Xb.jpg:large

14240788_872120432918822_911492501_n.jpg

14063255_1762944117324014_846776128_n.jpg

I was lucky enough to pick up the guns from shapeways during a Christmas sale. saved 30%

I got them pretty much the SECOND the modeller made them available (I basically contacted a bajillionty modellers of 1;6 weapons). I kinda want to try again now that there are more options, since I broke the trigger on the cold gun when I was trying to position the gun :( And my heat gun paint job is TERRIBLE, msotly cos the orange container on the model isn't separate and trying to paint "around" a round thing that tiny was really hard since I couldn't use spraypaint. Next time, I'll paint the entire gun with orange spraypaint, and then paint the copper & black parts by hand I think.

Just in case anyone was interested, I've revised my models based on TaraLJC's feedback. The Cold Gun now has a more robust trigger and the Heat Gun comes as 2 pieces. Also Shapeways reduced the prices on their Frosted Detail plastics so they're now cheaper too!

Back