Captain Antilles IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the images MaulFan. This is a great looking figure, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Maulfan once again your pics are amazing.
I'm glad I ordered him last week, he looks cool.
If I didn't order him you're pics would have swayed me too LOL
:chew

awesome pics again Maulfan!!!!

I seriously am looking forward to what pics u will do with Vader,Antilles,Rebel Fleet trooper,Stormtrooper and ANH Leia......god i cant wait for that!!!!

SSC seriously need to look at doing 3PO and R2....and if they can do the carbonite dispay from Jabba's Palace,then there is NO reason why they cant make a corridor of the Tantive IV!!!!!!

I had to put my account on hold, so I won't be getting this one for a few weeks (which is why I wasn't one of the first to get him). But MF's pics are making me more anxious to get him!

Wow, Lucky you Maulfan for getting him so early. I get mine on Tuesday. i can't wait. The opening in OT is my Favorite scene in the whole Saga. I really like the Rebel Troopers and think SideShow did a great job on them. I'm very anxious for the Captain to arrive.

Nice shots, Sean and congrats on being "first" :)
I'll see him up here in another week....amazing how it takes so much longer to reach an area just a few hundred miles away from you LOL...

Post some more shots when you get a chance!

5.jpg

Great pics, Sean!

However, this one really shows the problems I and others have with the way Sideshow paints their heads. Everything just looks so caked on.

... and that damn doll dot! :yuck

Yeah, the paint does look layed on quite thick, but the rest of the figure looks good. I just can't justify a character this minor, though. I'm cutting back, so I'll probably not be picking him up. Maybe eventually if he ever goes up for gift card use.

There have been several figures in this line that I personally have no use for. He's just the latest. SSC have put out right at 40 figures in the SW line so far... I have 28 of them. And I'm both a SW fan and a big-time 1:6 collector.

I'm really starting to hate the doll dot. For some reason, it ends up being suggestive of where the eyes are looking and that's no good. I like how the paint apps look, but I do agree sometimes it seems too heavy and you can almost tell the details are lost because of it, like Palpatine, he looks fantastic but his age is lost because of the fine wrinkle lines being faded away. The paint acts like 1/6 figure botox.

LOL....I can imagine someone like "Robot Chicken" having some fun with that idea...for a fake commercial or something....age-away paint apps, anyone? :rotfl

Speaking of that, I wonder when the next RC special is coming, pretty sure someone said they were doing another Star Wars special.

My figure arrived last Friday. I'm not too happy with the way these figures look straight out of the box. I went to work on him right away.

Never did like Sideshow's boots :mad:. So, they were the first to go.

I added some extra padding to the legs and did some futzing with the uniform.

I'll also be adding a new belt and holster which I'm still waiting on.

On to the pics . . . . .
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_070.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_072.jpg

I removed the rank badge and placed closer to the center of the chest.
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_055.jpg
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_057.jpg

Leather Boots
Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_068.jpg

Back