Captain Antilles IMAGE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, clean edges, no fraying on the inside. Sideshow's clothing has really been improving over time. Older figures, the seams would be full of fraying threads and you really had to make sure you hid them, but lately a lot of the outfits seem very solid. It's a nice fabric too, thick enough but not overdone, hangs good. This figure could easily get a so-so production job being a background guy and lower priced but I'd say he's as nicely executed as this character/costume can be as Gandalf was for a Gandalf figure, if that makes sense, I know what I want that statement to convey but I might not have worded it well.

I understand. He's simpler than Gandalf, but for what he needed, he got the correct treatment.

Sounds great.

Exactly, I just figured someone was bound to say, "he's no Gandalf", which is true, but he can't be, his costume's much simpler.

I wonder where the portrait came from, you get such a poor look at it in the movie.

I wonder where the portrait came from, you get such a poor look at it in the movie.

This is a more recent photo of the actor, Peter Geddis, who played Antilles in ANH.

PeterGeddis.jpg

I think there is some resemblance, mainly in the eyes and brow. Perhaps this sculpt was more what he looked like when he played the role 30 years ago.

Wow. Its actually a very good likeness. I bet you they used photos from the actor's personal archives for use.

No holster. I think the blaster is just a nicety anyways, odds are he probably never carried a weapon being the Captain, just keep it handy somewhere in the even they're boarded and he has to fight.

Nerd ALERT! Here goes:

According to the SW Radio Drama, Antilles gave Leia his blaster just before the Imperials boarded. She uses it to shoot the trooper before she is captured.

Sorry. I know too many things that I maybe shouldn't.... :D

Not too hard to work with. I need to reglue one side though, they're not attached in the same position so it makes the helmet lean a bit. As long as you shift the helmet back a bit, you can get it in a position that allows good light to fall on the face.

Shouldn't the helmet have a small tilt on it to look real, the only soldiers I've seen with helmets on straight are on parade IMO.
Figure looks good, I have very little interest in non main Rebels but, this one does look tidy, a choking swappable head would have sold this figure too me

Not too hard to work with. I need to reglue one side though, they're not attached in the same position so it makes the helmet lean a bit. As long as you shift the helmet back a bit, you can get it in a position that allows good light to fall on the face.

Aren't the helmet straps like that in the films? Looks like it to me.

ref1.jpg

Of course, the Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet straps were the same way on that figure as well.

Yup, I'd say passing on this guy should come down to feelings on the character and budget, the figure quality is really nice if you feel inclined to get him.

Back