CAPTAIN AMERICA....UGH.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude I'm not retarded - check my post and check the picture - it's shiny. :D

Dude I'm not retarded - check my post and check the picture - it's shiny. :D

Doh! :duh Sorry, Austin, didn't see you there! :lol

Everyone else, just bear with me. I'm drinking (lotsa) beer and playing Halo 3. My bloodlust is wa-a-a-ay up. :rolleyes: And I just love the direction the Cap comic book is taking. :rock

I agree that there can't be a quick enough return to the status quo in Captain America, including the classic costume and (I hope) the return of Steve Rogers. Here's hoping that the forthcoming Skrull story arc in Mighty Avengers Quarterly (last word added as a joke :rolleyes: ) yields something interesting...

Isn't really a surprise because Alex Ross created it, remember his Spider-Man film costuming? Its almost exactly the same just with the Captain America scheme. I don't like it but am interested to see if it gets wiped out completely or if his "new" Captain America goes the way of US Agent.

I wish I can drink lotsa alcoholic beverage, play Halo, and still type correctly.

Some people are just gifted I suppose, ....or retarded. :chew

I don't even see the need for a shield.

A bullet fly faster than anything, IMO.

And he can just wear a bullet proof vest.

its definitely bucky...

i've never been a fan of ross' designs (aside from Kingdom Come Superman), and I'm not too fond of this one either... too shiny (and what could ever replace that chainmail-style top of Roger's costume?).

hopefully, this will work out, because the Winter Soldier storyline was really good, and bucky has potential... I just DON'T want Marvel to bring back Rogers... since characters always come back to life in comics, i think not bringing him back will keep his death significant...

Its Marvel. He'll be back. I'm just hoping it won't be via 800 clones walking around first.

The idea of them not bringing back Steve Rogers as Captain America sucks. But really I kinda hope they don't. Character deaths would be much more poingant if they actually stayed dead. Ironically at the beginning of Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 17: Clone Saga TPB there is an intro by Gerry Conway talking about how at one time Marvel was known for not bringing dead comic book characters back citing Uncle Ben, Bucky, and Sue and Johnny Storm's father as examples of dead characters who did not return in response to the idea of bringing Gwen Stacey back. Too bad things didn't stay that way.

Isn't really a surprise because Alex Ross created it, remember his Spider-Man film costuming? Its almost exactly the same just with the Captain America scheme. I don't like it but am interested to see if it gets wiped out completely or if his "new" Captain America goes the way of US Agent.

That's exactly what I thought, I wonder if he noticed. But I will say that I actually liked his Spider-Man costume design.
The idea of them not bringing back Steve Rogers as Captain America sucks. But really I kinda hope they don't. Character deaths would be much more poingant if they actually stayed dead. Ironically at the beginning of Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 17: Clone Saga TPB there is an intro by Gerry Conway talking about how at one time Marvel was known for not bringing dead comic book characters back citing Uncle Ben, Bucky, and Sue and Johnny Storm's father as examples of dead characters who did not return in response to the idea of bringing Gwen Stacey back. Too bad things didn't stay that way.

I agree, In a way it's similar to the argument that Batman is a more interesting character then Superman because he's threatened with more peril because he can't fly or is bulletproof. If a character can so easily comeback to life then once again, where's the peril or meaning to a character's death? Why even kill the character off in the first place; there's really nothing to gain from it other then news headlines and increased sales.
It's why I really wished they kept Colossus Dead, because it turns out that he really didn't sacrifice much anything to cure the Legacy Virus, ending the whole Legacy Virus subplot in a whimper.

Back