Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave up keeping track of how many botched statues they've produced. They're renowned for it over and over again. They do camp the most popular licenses and produce the most statues; however, that's still no excuse for what we see in these latest pictures of their Winter Soldier Cap.

I'm still contemplating if I should return the statue or what. I had it shipped to Iceland :(

Such a let down. This is up there with the Rogue PF debacle.

I started getting serious about statues AFTER the Rogue PF debacle. Of course, I always saw posts about it. Now I understand - for me, this statue is my Rogue debacle. I can't believe this left the factory. No wonder Sideshow shoved it to the side for over 2 years. I feel bad for the folks that really wanted to like this.

Wow, how can there be this much variability coming out of the factory? sorry to see this guys

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_5314.JPG

The paint apps, especially the skin tones, on the faces of these two are night and day. I'm stunned these both came from the same shop.

it may not be one factory. Factories in that part of the world are known to (illegally) subcontract business to third parties. That may explain the discrepancies.

this really is a kick in the nuts to not only the customer but SS. I imagine they are just as pissed and hopefully they offer everyone speedy replacements or full refunds (including shipping). It will be hard for them to use the "these are individual artistic creations" line on this one.

Clearly the difference between the two can be explained easily. One was made during take your kid to work day.

LMAOOOOOO!!! More like take your kid to work day and let 'em at it with the air brush :rotfl

as someone else said, it's clear these are not coming out of the same shop. the pics above are so different it's ridiculous.

I imagine they are just as pissed and hopefully they offer everyone speedy replacements or full refunds (including shipping). It will be hard for them to use the "these are individual artistic creations" line on this one.

What's the best way to return a statue to Sideshow? I live in Iceland so I'd prefer them to give a go ahead to break the statue rather than shipping it back and paying $150 for the shipping.

What's the best way to return a statue to Sideshow? I live in Iceland so I'd prefer them to give a go ahead to break the statue rather than shipping it back and paying $150 for the shipping.

Contact Sideshow via email and attach pictures to emphasize your reasons for being dissatisfied with your statue.

With your statue arriving broken should be reason enough for you to destroy yours for replacement and/or refund.

You'll have to provide pictures after you destroy the statue of course.

LOL seriously how do you explain the eyes on that Cap. As well did everyone with these unfortunately terrible pieces get a note in the box from Sideshow claiming that this product has meticulously gone through their extremely stringent quality control process?? If so that would be the ultimate slap in the face for anyone that opens their box to this PF.

cbfdf84ce9cf4a56deae92b4c1f4eeca.jpg
7cb9b6f28b8472b7521598f3a0349f76.jpg
988a60dfbfad36e56b8d239ea917f4f9.jpg
361ca0d6f8c8083ffc8ff3a62bc8663c.jpg

Got captain great statue. Such a great pose and base. Much better then the gentle giant one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's almost like 3 different scales going on there, with the GG being the smallest and the IS the biggest. You would think scaling a real actor would be consistent.

Kitana, I watched your review of the GG Cap and with you now receiving the SS Cap, are you going to keep it? Given the price you got it for, you might be able to sell it at a profit.

Perhaps the size discrepancy is intentionally done by the companies, so you can't mix and match their statue with other companies' statues of that same scale? More necessity to buy their statues versus those of another company = more money in that company's pockets. I certainly can't see why else there would be such a huge difference; aren't most of these modeled with the T-pose in Zbrush (which would be very easy to scale) before being definitively posed, printed, etc?

It's almost like 3 different scales going on there, with the GG being the smallest and the IS the biggest. You would think scaling a real actor would be consistent.

Kitana, I watched your review of the GG Cap and with you now receiving the SS Cap, are you going to keep it? Given the price you got it for, you might be able to sell it at a profit.

I would like to sell it. I like sideshow more for sure. Gg colors pose and expression and 1/5 scale isn't doing it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back