Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, when a statue is delayed this long it means there are issues.......not that it's being made better.

No, it means it didn't get priority in the production line. No need for dramatics. Conan Rage of the Undying took like 2 1/2 years to come out, and had a fairly small ES, that piece came out great.

I've seen some hands better than others, so they haven't all gotten the same treatment it seems.

I got mine and I feel like everything looks great... But the heads I got are a really dark grey color. Looks like a smoke color. Emailed and asked to see if I can get them touched up or replaced. Not sure if either will fly but it doesn't hurt to ask!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I received my Cap yesterday and I'm very happy with him overall. The Statue Gods were once again kind to me! :yess:

I do have a minor issue with the unmasked portrait; it looks like he has half a tan on his forehead. :lol

I didn't take pics due to getting home late last night but I'll post some later with good sunlight.

I received my Cap yesterday and I'm very happy with him overall. The Statue Gods were once again kind to me! :yess:

I do have a minor issue with the unmasked portrait; it looks like he has half a tan on his forehead. :lol

I didn't take pics due to getting home late last night but I'll post some later with good sunlight.

Glad to hear you're happy with the statue. While it could've been overall sharper in terms of paint apps, it really is a solid statue with probably the best Cap pose out there IMO.

Glad to hear you're happy with the statue. While it could've been overall sharper in terms of paint apps, it really is a solid statue with probably the best Cap pose out there IMO.

I agree. :duff

Here are a few pics of mine I quickly took while I was at lunch.

IMAG0053_zpsbc4n44dc_edit_1469042121828_zps6ggwthci.jpg

4b92d3bf-9fb1-47e7-8814-c497facfbfc7_zps3cqzfbti.jpg

IMAG0059_zpswayxo8p1.jpg

6a420299-66df-4dec-812e-f4deeee09119_zpsun21e9mz.jpg

You can see in this pic on Cap's forehead where it looks like he has a tan line. :lol

Overall I'm very happy with my statue, I know I'm not supposed to say that according to some Freaks :rolleyes2, and my only nitpick is the tan line but I won't be displaying the mask-less portrait very often anyway.

I'm glad I didn't pull a "Chicken Little" after seeing pics of one bad statue. :lol

Glad you like it. I wouldn't say you're not supposed to be happy, but IF you were looking for a strong Evans likeness and you said this was then I think many would question that. Overall it's a nice statue.

Glad you like it. I wouldn't say you're not supposed to be happy, but IF you were looking for a strong Evans likeness and you said this was then I think many would question that. Overall it's a nice statue.

I think it resembles Evans but it's not an exact likeness and that doesn't bother in the slightest. If someone thinks it looks like Evans then that's their opinion and I won't question it.

The statue is a solid one and the pose is dynamic which is what I wanted to begin with. :rock

Congrats Snoop!

Thanks, KingB! :duff

Looks like the paint job on this one can vary quite a bit. Got mine in today and I'll be returning it. I still really like the pose and the sculpt but had quite a few issues with my statue.

Major issues:
- The un-helmeted sculpt is very tan.
- The fingers on all three hands are actually a dark brown. Not just the fingertips, that are supposed to look a bit dirty, but the entirety of the hands.
- Marks on the nose of the helmeted sculpt

Minor issues:
- Slightly crooked eyes on the helmeted sculpt
- Poorly painted "A" on the helmeted sculpt
- Broken harness (could probably be glued)

I agree. :duff

Here are a few pics of mine I quickly took while I was at lunch.

IMAG0053_zpsbc4n44dc_edit_1469042121828_zps6ggwthci.jpg

4b92d3bf-9fb1-47e7-8814-c497facfbfc7_zps3cqzfbti.jpg

IMAG0059_zpswayxo8p1.jpg

6a420299-66df-4dec-812e-f4deeee09119_zpsun21e9mz.jpg

You can see in this pic on Cap's forehead where it looks like he has a tan line. :lol

Overall I'm very happy with my statue, I know I'm not supposed to say that according to some Freaks :rolleyes2, and my only nitpick is the tan line but I won't be displaying the mask-less portrait very often anyway.

I'm glad I didn't pull a "Chicken Little" after seeing pics of one bad statue. :lol

Looks good Snoop! Nice to hear you got a good one... Love the pose... Almost got this but decided to wait for the new Iron Studios one because I like the suit better.... But I may pick this up if that one does not have a good pose.

View attachment 279688View attachment 2796890721162355_resized.jpg

I'm really happy with this Cap. I was so close to canceling, but I loved the action pose. If the paint job was sooo bad, I was going to send it out for a repaint. But, it is pretty impressive. The minuses are the brown on the fingers and my stealth shield arm is a little loose in the socket. But, I'm going to try to get a new arm since the strap came damaged. Hopefully, that will fix that. But, my heads are both painted really well. The paint on the uniform was meant to look like cloth in the matte(flat)finish they decided to go with. I feel they achieved that 'cloth' look perfectly. There is some weathering to the paint app which gives it a nice touch. All of my silver ares area painted really well. Both of my shields look perfect. I own the three Winter Soldier King Arts Shields and the Stealth Shield on the statue is a perfect match to the Stealth King Arts Shield. The battle Damaged shield looks incredible. After the Shield fiasco on the Allied Charge on Hydra Cap, these are much improved and really nicely done.

Overall, I give it a B+. I don't have googly eyes, so my score reflects that. I don't see this baby leaning at all. Weight is distributed well.

One last thing, if you are looking for a Chris Evans likeness...this is not your statue. They nailed his sideburns, but that is about it. Hair color is close. Cough up the bucks for Iron Studios if that is what you want.

Attachments

• 0721162346a_resized - Copy.jpg
    0721162346a_resized - Copy.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 0721162346_resized.jpg
    0721162346_resized.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 188
I took a few more pics I thought I would share. Forgot to mention how nice and hefty the base is. Had the feeling of the base for XM Studio's Phoenix.
0722160145b_resized.jpg0722160145d_resized.jpg0722160149_resized.jpg0722160150b_resized.jpg0722160156_resized.jpg

Back