Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm getting so pissed I might cancel all six of my PO's. Mine processes tomorrow, probably too late to cancel, but he'll be going back if my shoulder looks like that.

I cancelled mine and I really wanted this.

Instead bought gentle giant captain for $165 shipped on eBay today

More then half the cost and way better paint app. And will go with my widow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should've done that in the first place. I can't believe it took you this long to decide...especially since you already have the GG Widow.

I certainly hope this isn't representative of the entire batch. Poor paint apps rears its ugly head yet again. Sideshow, this is beyond getting old. Get a factory that can do the work properly, or don't do it at all. Period. I'm sorry for all those that ordered this and get a bum statue.

I can't believe they thought that thing was acceptable to ship out. Those hands made me wince.

I hope the rest of you receive ones with nicer paint jobs, but I'm not terribly optimistic after seeing all those pictures. It's clear something went terribly wrong with this piece.

This one had no excuse from the get go. And the actual statue is an abomination. The lazy sculpt. The even lazier paint job. It tok them two years to produce this?

No one can say "I must have got a good one cuz mine turned out good". If you do be ready to keep it because I would rather have the MOS Supes PF than this.

One poor looking statue doesn't mean it's representative of the whole batch.

I'll reserve judgement until I receive mine.

Edit:

Let me add that I find all the knee jerk reactions after seeing one poorly painted statue really funny.

Two, three or more warrants such a reaction but not one, IMO.

Last edited:
One poor looking statue doesn't mean it's representative of the whole batch.

I'll reserve judgement until I receive mine.

Edit:

Let me add that I find all the knee jerk reactions after seeing one poorly painted statue really funny.

Two, three or more warrants such a reaction but not one, IMO.

There's a guy on SF who's happy with his.
Both portraits have wonky eyes but he's happy with the statue overall :huh

There's a guy on SF who's happy with his.
Both portraits have wonky eyes but he's happy with the statue overall :huh

If he's happy with his statue then I say more power to him.

If I get a statue and it looks good to me and I'm happy with it then that's all that matters.

Last edited:
This one had no excuse from the get go. And the actual statue is an abomination. The lazy sculpt. The even lazier paint job. It tok them two years to produce this?

No one can say "I must have got a good one cuz mine turned out good". If you do be ready to keep it because I would rather have the MOS Supes PF than this.

Sure they can.

When Freaks were getting the Wonder Woman PF with issues I received one that was awesome with a VERY minor flaw and I have the pics to prove it.

Last edited:
That was my point. Spliff may of been very unlucky.
Hopefully there are better examples out there.

Apologies if my post sounded snarky I didn't mean for it to.

Unfortunately Spliff was the unlucky one in this case.

Hopefully his statue isn't the norm and he can get a replacement if he chooses to. Having said that I understand if he, or others who might receive a bad statue, decide not to.

I'd just say, for the price, this has not to be a lottery. I'm glad I cancelled long time ago anyway.
This is just one piece, I agree. But what should happen is a random error on the paint, a chip, a scratch, even a missed part, but a entire statue painted this way makes me assuming this is not the only one.
The hand looks like a dummy hand.

I agree that for the prices we pay we should be receiving high quality collectibles, however I'm not going to say the statue is a fail based off of one bad statue.

If more bad ones start showing up, or if I receive one, then my tune will change.

That hand is awful. If they all look like that in addition to the non Chris Evans, Chris Evans head sculpt then I'd say this puppy is a major fail. Time will tell as more get delivered.

Just unboxed mine and thought I'd share my immediate thoughts and some pics. Overall I think the statue is a keeper and here are the pros and weaknesses based on my first impressions:

Pros:
- Pose is excellent
- The base is very nice in person and the paint app on the torso, legs, boots and both heads is very good.
- The faded effects on the uniform look well done and the overall statue has a good weathered look.
- The red shield looks great with a lot of battle damage.

Weakness:
- Eyes on the masked version are slightly off (unmasked head has proper eyes), and there are some visible brush marks on the blue cap portion.
- The left hand has a weathered dirt effect, but they could have better definition on the fingers. It's better than what I see in Spliffs statue because his lacks the dirt effect and you can see the lack of definition on his pretty clearly.
- Paint app on blue shield could be better on the silver portion

Now the pics (Please excuse the clutter, we are in the middle of moving)
IMG_5316.JPG

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5321.JPG

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5314.JPG

IMG_5315.JPG

I'd grade this an overall B because I love the pose and overall look of the battle worn Winter Soldier. The blemishes I pointed out in the pics are only visible close up. While IMO this is a keeper at a B, it is definitely not an A because the the overall paint apps on the fingers, cap and blue shield would need to be better to get to an A.

- Art

Back