Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonky eyes...

7D69E3FF-71B4-4337-8EAD-D6AC2D2376D5_zpshtt81pbu.jpg

Poor joints...

BCD98136-E502-4031-97A7-47D4EA849134_zpsbdywqcbe.jpg

And...

7DC92F84-4794-4643-AEC1-D9B57C526705_zps8huoqrxn.jpg

:slap

Return I'm assuming?

Based off the one I got I couldn't recommend it. I wanted to like this piece real bad since I love the hell out of the movie and the pose is great but there's just too much wrong with it. As pointed out his right shoulder doesn't sit flush at all, and the regular shield arm didn't even fit in the peg!

Plus there's brush marks all over the piece, paint slop, and weird paint apps, and just all around bad QC.

The suit itself came out great though on the torso and legs. No complaints there but it's like a completely different team painted all the parts that you attach to it lol.

That's one of the worst paint apps I've seen in a long while, sorry to say that :( seems like it was done by the same guys who did Iron Patriot and Mark 42

Wow Spliff, sorry to see that. I normally come in to poke fun at Snoop but after seeing that uh uh.

Give SS a good serve bro that's just atrocious

Hmmmm....Welllll....Hey, the likeness actually is there. That actually does look like Chris Evans in the unmasked. Might be the better of the two paintups. so weird, half the statue looks awesome. The other half though...

Wow!!! :thud:
This has to be one of the WORST statue EVER!!!

Sloppy paint
Brush stroke
No likeness whatsoever
Joints aren't tight
Colors between pieces doesn't even fit
The lack of attention to détails (those fingers...)

2½ years of waiting for that...

A HUUUUUGE thanks to Spliff for taking the time for the pics. Thx buddy! I feel sooooo relief that I cancelled this last week. Your pix just confirmed everything we feared!!!

Wow those paint apps are a disaster. Definite return IMO. Mine arrives tomorrow, will update ya'll on the condition.

I cancelled mine and I really wanted this.

Instead bought gentle giant captain for $165 shipped on eBay today

More then half the cost and way better paint app. And will go with my widow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, definitely best to return it if you aren't feeling it, don't waste your money on this.
This is truly an embarrassment for Sideshow. They should have taken a loss, cancelled the piece and refunded everyone, I'm sure they could have afforded it. That or restart from the ground-up with the production.

I hope some of them will be in a better shape, keep us posted if you get one that looks good.

Back