Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pics until April according to David Igo... why can't they show the freaking concept art at the very least.

'Special Offer: For a limited time, this product is available for pre-order without a non-refundable deposit required'.

'Featuring a screen-accurate sculpted costume'. :dunno

I agree that Sideshow just wanted us to know, before we committed to the GG version, that we would have another one to consider.

With no NRD and $39.80 in reward points, there is no risk at all. I always love it when they include an extra portrait so that is a nice bonus. If it is true that there is going to be a switch-out shield as well, then that is a double bonus.

Personally, I really only want the "Hydra" Captain America, but if this is very well done and they also release a new Scarlett Black Widow (I had to return my original PF due to a flaw in the uniform's fabric), then I'll probably keep the order. This totally isn't in my budget for 2014 though. :(

Also hoping it isn't fully sculpted but it appears that it will be. I will likely drop the order if it isn't mixed-media as well.

PO'd using the banner. SSC knows how to market their stuff well!
Hopefully their sculpting could catch up to that skill level. :lol

Is this the first time they're using "authentic likeness" in marketing a PF?

This is unusual. An all of a sudden PO for a PF where no upcoming date was given, and there are no pics.

And definitely not a complaint, but I wonder how they came up with a solid 398 price over the usual 399.99, the more standard price. Just interesting is all. Can't wait to see pics, though.

This is unusual. An all of a sudden PO for a PF where no upcoming date was given, and there are no pics.

And definitely not a complaint, but I wonder how they came up with a solid 398 price over the usual 399.99, the more standard price. Just interesting is all. Can't wait to see pics, though.

Gentle Giant has a piece coming out at $399 with the same character in the same outfit at the same scale. Sideshow couldn't sit and wait while everybody preordered the GG piece, so they put this up for preorder for one dollar less and added the perks of no deposit and double reward points. If they waited for three months to have pictures ready, too many sales would be lost to GG in the interim. This seems like a very calculated response to GG's announcement.

Worked for me. I have been holding off on all Sideshow orders for over a year while I wait for a Merry & Pippin maquette, but in this case I caved and ordered.

Pulled the trigger and preordered this bad guy. What tomandshell said makes perfect sense. The Double Reward Points won me over.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

didn't know GG's was $1 more, lol. Makes sense.

With the way Jean's art was teased as a sketch and then the full color print way in advance, Red Skull and MJ were teased by video a year in advance, and that Deadpool pic was quite early...you'd figure there'd be some sort of tease of the actual piece to provide, but the timing between SS learning of the costume design and getting approvals was probably small. A company has to do what it has to do.

This totally isn't in my budget for 2014 though.
Just start your 2015 budget with this :wink1:
No deposit? They just pulled me out of retirement. First preorder I've placed since 2012.
Welcome back :clap
So who acutlly ordered this ?
Me! Win, win.
Oh man, I totally LOVE Gentle Giant! :) :) :)

Ordered!
I think there's quite a few people here who are loving GG...
With no intention of ever buying one of their products :lol

What the heck, just preorder this. Worst case if I do not like it, I can cancel without any lost of deposit.

Back