Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pushed back... February when announced... then June... then September to match Thor... and now October 2015...
the usual SSC delay machine is on!!!! :gah:

BUT!!!!
If this is what it need SSC to get the EX portrait Chris Evans likeness... oh wait... it's SSC we're talking about... what was I thinking... their design is always "perfect" and cannot be changed during the process... :slap

:lol:lol

Upon looking at the pics on Sideshow's website and from what we saw at Comic Con, I actually got that same impression too Steve...:dunno

Yeah it looks like real leather, but I am not 100% convinced that it is. Wasn't the first one real leather though? :dunno

Maybe they are. :huh

If so then that would be the mixed media part I guess

I hope it is, I don't mind that the head sculpt doesn't look like Evans, if some parts on the suit are not sculpted then I can live with that, as I am looking for the closest thing that is an alternative to Hot Toys one.

It's hard telling

Yeah I am only going by what that person said on you tube.

I hope it is, I don't mind that the head sculpt doesn't look like Evans, if some parts on the suit are not sculpted then I can live with that, as I am looking for the closest thing that is an alternative to Hot Toys one.

I don't mind it either but I do miss the truly mixed media Premium Format statues of the past.

Cap converted for me today :)

Got TFA PF coming to me also.... Going to see how much I like that one in hand ad decide to keep this one or not... I always like TFA and actually prefer the suit on that one... But TWS version looks so cool...

Should know what I am going to do by tomorrow.

Still I am not 100% sure on Thor.

I don't mind it either but I do miss the truly mixed media Premium Format statues of the past.

So do I, if everything is sculpted then I will doubt I will get this. Just so dam disappointed with Hot Toys version he isn't big at all, so looking for the next best thing.

Cap converted for me today :)

Got TFA PF coming to me also.... Going to see how much I like that one in hand ad decide to keep this one or not... I always like TFA and actually prefer the suit on that one... But TWS version looks so cool...

Should know what I am going to do by tomorrow.

Still I am not 100% sure on Thor.

Yeah it does, congrats on your conversion JAWs, if anyone deserves it you do. ;)

So do I, if everything is sculpted then I will doubt I will get this. Just so dam disappointed with Hot Toys version he isn't big at all, so looking for the next best thing.

I don't mind if it's fully sculpted but I wish Sideshow would have stayed the course with mixed media.

Sideshow's mixed media 1/4 scale statues are what brought me into the hobby and, again, I miss those days. *heavy sigh*

I don't mind if it's fully sculpted but I wish Sideshow would have stayed the course with mixed media.

Sideshow's mixed media 1/4 scale statues are what brought me into the hobby and, again, I miss those days. *heavy sigh*

Well they didn't bring me into the hobby but they brought me into the statue world, but that isn't saying much since I only have a few statues, however, all are MM. I think maybe Sideshow is probably scared to go down the MM route for certain statues after the saggy armpits for the Batman PF. :dunno

Then again the TFA Cap had a sculpted torso, so maybe they are not confident that they can sculpt movie Cap suits.

Well they didn't bring me into the hobby but they brought me into the statue world, but that isn't saying much since I only have a few statues but all are MM. I think maybe after the Sideshow Batman PF Sideshow is probably scared to go down the MM route for certain statues. :dunno

I was collecting statues before I found Sideshow but their MM PF brought me & my wallet in 100% into the hobby! :lol

I can see your point about the Batman PF. You may be right.

I was collecting statues before I found Sideshow but their MM PF brought me & my wallet in 100% into the hobby! :lol

Oh I see unlike the other statues that collected now and again, the MM ones were the ones you couldn't resist and were making you go broke! :lol

I can see your point about the Batman PF. You may be right.

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why they sculpted the TFA Cap torso instead of using cloth. Then again, I guess since this is essentially a one piece suit they probably wouldn't of been able to do that on this statue. So it was either going to be fully sculpted or nothing.

Oh I see unlike the other statues that collected now and again, the MM ones were the ones you couldn't resist and were making you go broke! :lol

Yer darn toot'n! :lol

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why they sculpted the TFA Cap torso instead of using cloth. Then again, I guess since this is essentially a one piece suit they probably wouldn't of been able to do that on this statue. So it was either going to be fully sculpted or nothing.

I suppose but SS's IM2 BW was a one piece suit and, IMO, was done very well.

So I think that SS could have done a fabric suit just as good as a sculpted one.

Back