Captain America in 10-12 Days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
Thanks Ban, :rock

I just realized there are 3 exclusive items; head, shield and Nazi helmet. This has to be one of the more generous Exclusive Editions SSC has ever made...

Don't forget Buffy, they gave her a lump of polystone shaped like a book!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, still can't get over one fo the most poorly accessorized PFs (black dress and stake) PF coming with a lame half-ass "exclusive" and I've had her since last Fall!!! :rotfl I guess Seven of Nine was worse, only gettting another color outfit, but they doubled the insult by making a second Buffy with red pants........ Sorry, Buffy rant over.

ffl1940 said:
Don't forget Buffy, they gave her a lump of polystone shaped like a book!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry, still can't get over one fo the most poorly accessorized PFs (black dress and stake) PF coming with a lame half-ass "exclusive" and I've had her since last Fall!!! :rotfl I guess Seven of Nine was worse, only gettting another color outfit, but they doubled the insult by making a second Buffy with red pants........ Sorry, Buffy rant over.

Yes, but like most exclusives you're paying the same as the regular version or 10 bucks more. Where as with the Captain America exclusive you pay 30 US more through the two on SideShow and closer to 60 dollars if you buy it from an online retailer outside of SideShow vs. buying the exclusive directly through Sideshow. Okay, I should have put a period somewhere in there and made a new sentence. Point is you're paying for the additional pieces.

In the end, the additional 30-60 dollars will pay itself off. As it is the exclusive is already going for close to a 100 dollars more than the regular edition on eBay.

Eli26 said:
In the end, the additional 30-60 dollars will pay itself off. As it is the exclusive is already going for close to a 100 dollars more than the regular edition on eBay.

That's because it's one of the best exclusives ever!! I don't even collect Marvel anymore and I still can't bring myself to cancel this one.

tomandshell said:
That's because it's one of the best exclusives ever!! I don't even collect Marvel anymore and I still can't bring myself to cancel this one.
If you decide not to keep it you can always sell it to me. :D

Gah!

My final flexpay payment went through. Nearly $40 dollars for shipping each (I ordered 2 exc. also) -- that's a little over $10 more than my Hulk's.

Funy thing: one was $131.20, the other $131.21

Guess I'm going without my crack this week.

Last edited:
ffl1940 said:

30 bucks for an alternate portrait head, different shield and nazi helmet to pose in two period looks is nothing IMO, well worth it...

The belt thing, maybe they left it a bit loose so the Collector could adjust it and there wouldn't be problems in factory assembly, belt buckle, I still think it's silver based on the pics, it reflects both gray and black off the inside of the shield and the shield bracing is improved, that leather loop could've easily broken off in time...

Last edited:
Confirmation from SSC: Cap's belt buckle is Silver/Chrome.

Straight from the SSC Production Manager to you! :cool:

I knew it...

NightCreeper said:
Arggg......anyone going to have an extra to sell?:monkey3

I'm sure they will, but you can probably add another $200 to retail for it :monkey4

Still waiting for my conversion!!!! :emperor

Darth Loki said:
I'm sure they will, but you can probably add another $200 to retail for it :monkey4

Still waiting for my conversion!!!! :emperor

Well I meant if anyone will have an extra Regular Capt for sale, I just want the regular :)

NightCreeper said:
Well I meant if anyone will have an extra Regular Capt for sale, I just want the regular :)

Sorry, only $100 over retail then :monkey1

But seriously, you should be able to get a regular for around retail or off the wait list. There are always so many cancellations for high dollar items.

Eli26 said:
I am guaranteed a regular Cap. But I am hoping the ex converts so I can get that and sell my reg.

I'm in the same boat but I'm undecided as to what to do with the regular. I'd love to display the two versions, just don't know if I can afford to keep both with the past few months I've had.

I imagine that $560 + shipping is going to cause a lot of credit card declines for many with two exclusives reserved. I bet there will be a flood of wait list conversions within just a couple days of them shipping. So don't reach for those panic buttons just yet. ;)

Khev said:
I imagine that $560 + shipping is going to cause a lot of credit card declines for many with two exclusives reserved. I bet there will be a flood of wait list conversions within just a couple days of them shipping. So don't reach for those panic buttons just yet. ;)
:lecture :lecture :lecture

Khev said:

Thanks for reminding me to up my credit limit so that doesn't happen! :D

Back