Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm rewatching Vision's scenes right now, I remembered how War Machine ruined Vision's speech about "oversight".

"Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand".... """Boom""" :slap shut up Rhodes, way to kill the gravitas. I cringe every time.

I just found out that SW and QS aren't mutants anymore in the comics either. They changed that in 2014 :slap Freaking comics man...

Yea know one cares or will even acknowledge this stupid change. They will always be mutants to everyone and it's real sad that these studios are being such babies that they feel the need to mess up the lore and characters.
Funny how they tried to push inhumans on people but you can't replace the xmen. Sorry marvel you can try but you can't erase 60 yrs or so of iconic characters and story.

I'm fine with Cap beating Spidey, Spidey was super green in the movie, it was all experience, they didn't show Spidey jobbing too badly.

Yea spidey should of kicked caps ass but it was captain America movie so it's fine. Spidey is def stronger than cap tho in this universe. Spidey caught buckey's arm while cap kept dodging it.

Yea know one cares or will even acknowledge this stupid change. They will always be mutants to everyone and it's real sad that these studios are being such babies that they feel the need to mess up the lore and characters.
Funny how they tried to push inhumans on people but you can't replace the xmen. Sorry marvel you can try but you can't erase 60 yrs or so of iconic characters and story.
Seems like Marvel Studios is walking that back, at least, since the Inhumans movie is shelved. But I read somewhere that Marvel was retconning the X-Men so that they were all actually descendants of Inhumans or some garbage like that. Just one more reason why I don't read comics anymore, though there are actually much graver problems with the state of comic books than this decision.

People really raged at the "Wanda & Pietro aren't Magneto's kids" thing, but, honestly... I don't mind it. Neither of them were truly X related characters, and most of their history was with the Avengers. Hell, Pietro has more ties to the Inhumans, considering he married Crystal and had a daughter. The only time Wanda took part in a major X storyline, she ****ed up things for the Mutants and the majority hasn't forgiven her yet. Which, in all honesty, is understandable, considering the Avengers gave her a free pass while they're treating Cyclops as Hitler.

So, while the whole thing was hamfisted as hell, it doesn't really "change" anything. Wanda and Pietro were at first hinted to be the Whizzer's kids, so the Magneto thing was a retcon as well. Now, they're tied even more with Wundagore mountain, which makes Wanda's powers more defined. I mean, it makes little sense for just a mutant to have such a connection with demonic forces, but a gypsy who was experimented by a mad scientist who resides in a nexus point, well, that explains things.

To recap, I'm not bothered by it. And since I love the whole Wundagore/High Evolutionary lore, I'm actually a fan of it. I just wish they'd follow up on Uncanny Avengers' Vol 2 dangling plot threads, but with Remender gone, that's not that likely. There are worse things out there, even in the comic book world. Tony Stark being adopted (and his parents being a singer-turned-SHIELD-Agent mother and a SHIELD-Agent-turned-HYDRA-Agent father) is one of the most WTF things in recent years. It's "Crossing" levels of stupid...

phew.. this thread moved fast through the weekend, just got all caught up. :D

as far as trilogies go I'd put cap in my top 5 but not breaking my top 3. TFA really brings it down. it's such a bad flick. I'd say the Iron Man trilogy is on par with it. with the shining examples being CW and IM3 (IMHO).

1. Nobats Trill
2. OT SW
3. LOTR
Iron Man Trill
Cap Trill

I think Marvel should move away from the "Phases" and make their trilogy designations a little more official. Even a lot of people here don't seemingly realize how well the Cap films provide a beginning, middle, and end of sorts separate from the MCU at large.

This UK box set would be a real eye catcher on shelves here in the States and would go a long way in reminding casual viewers how good these three films are as a set.

mm00226952.jpg

The "Marvel Cinematic Universe" moniker is a great way to constantly remind everyone that characters from one film can appear in another but I think the downside is that people just lump it all together as one mega-narrative and miss individual character arcs and contributions from specific directors and writers.

Anybody who was an original member of the brotherhood of evil mutants should remain a mutant IMO. I don't care how long of a history they have with the avengers. Beast has all kinds of history as an avenger and with the defenders, is it OK to make him a non mutant too?

Anybody who was an original member of the brotherhood of evil mutants should remain a mutant IMO. I don't care how long of a history they have with the avengers. Beast has all kinds of history as an avenger and with the defenders, is it OK to make him a non mutant too?

Eh, Beast was always primarily a mutant. He was an X-Man first, and an Avenger/Defender second. For Wanda and Pietro it's the reverse. A retcon of a retcon in a medium that thrives on retcons doesn't really bother me. The Tony Stark thing is much worse IMO.

Back