Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EMH is the greatest source material for the movies in my opinion....

Read the comics

6kHbg2c.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Too many pages to go through, but I imagine this will be based on the Civil War series, or is this just a 'loose' title to spark interest?

Since some of the characters that are used in the comic can't be used, I'd say it's loosely based on the story.

That's what I was thinking. I guess I'm just a little surprised because how in the world is Marvel going to even attempt this without Spider-Man? Him and Tony were basically the voice of pro-registration. And while it can be done, it's a big missing piece without Peter. I know there were some rumors that Sony was planning on 'lending' Spider-Man out, but I dunno. Just bold choice for a title, IMO. Granted, I'm sure Marvel already has it mapped out, but from what I see, I don't know how they're going to do this title justice.

That's what I was thinking. I guess I'm just a little surprised because how in the world is Marvel going to even attempt this without Spider-Man? Him and Tony were basically the voice of pro-registration. And while it can be done, it's a big missing piece without Peter. I know there were some rumors that Sony was planning on 'lending' Spider-Man out, but I dunno. Just bold choice for a title, IMO. Granted, I'm sure Marvel already has it mapped out, but from what I see, I don't know how they're going to do this title justice.

Agreed. Unless Sony (Spider-Man) or Fox (FF & X-Men) decides to strike a deal with Marvel/Disney I doubt it'll happen.

Agreed. Unless Sony (Spider-Man) or Fox (FF & X-Men) decides to strike a deal with Marvel/Disney I doubt it'll happen.

That's a great point too. FF played another big role in the series. Reed was a big influence in the Negative Zone prison ordeal. And the feud between Reed and Sue was a big turning point in the storyline too. Those are big things. I just see a bunch of pieces to the puzzle missing here.

I think it'll still be cool for those who haven't read the storyline. They won't know what they're missing. But I think it'll be one of those things that if you read the story, you'll realize just how much is really missing.

That's a great point too. FF played another big role in the series. Reed was a big influence in the Negative Zone prison ordeal. And the feud between Reed and Sue was a big turning point in the storyline too. Those are big things. I just see a bunch of pieces to the puzzle missing here.

I think it'll still be cool for those who haven't read the storyline. They won't know what they're missing. But I think it'll be one of those things that if you read the story, you'll realize just how much is really missing.

Absolutely.

If Sony, Fox and Marvel had agreed to share characters this story could have been realized to it's full potential. I still think it'll be good but not as good if all the characters in the Civil War storline had been included.

dude, what pic is your sig from?

Back