Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they weren't trying to actually kill each other at the airport, Team Iron Man just wanted to stop them getting away with Bucky and Team Cap wanted to get away. BP was really the only one there to settle a score. It all just got out of hand with what happened to War Machine at the end.

I know but the fact that nobody was in any real danger took the impact of the fight away from me. It really did feel like Superheroes fighting after a pick up basketball game gone wrong.

All in all though, I really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was better than Winter Soldier and certainly in my top 3 MCU films. The Russos are really great for the MCU, and I’m glad they basically took over for Whedon because that man was turning the MCU into a horrible sitcom. I’m fully invested in the MCU again thanks to what the Russos are doing with the Avengers.

I also have to eat crow regarding Chadwick Boseman’s casting, he was probably my favorite part of the entire movie, he really made Black Panther cool. Oh and I loved Holland as Spidey, to me he was much better than Garfield as Peter Parker and Spiderman and I really like Garfield as an actor, but I still like Toby the best. To me, this was easily the best superhero movie of the year so far.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know but the fact that nobody was in any real danger took the impact of the fight away from me. It really did feel like Superheroes fighting after a pick up basketball game gone wrong.
Team IM tried to stop Team Cap w/o hurting them badly. And it ended up hurting someone VERY badly. It's a simple concept done right. The only thing that bugged me for a bit was the absence of Vision during most of the action. Then again, what could he do to Team Cap w/o hurting them badly? BOOM! The fact that I've asked such a question is already a sign of a good film.

Team IM tried to stop Team Cap w/o hurting them badly. And it ended up hurting someone VERY badly. It's a simple concept done right. The only thing that bugged me for a bit was the absence of Vision during most of the action. Then again, what could he do to Team Cap w/o hurting them badly? BOOM! The fact that I've asked such a question is already a sign of a good film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

K I can't hold back anymore. It's not fair people are seeing this so early and america has to wait a damn week. Sombody gimme the link lol.

You know that we o/s people used to have to wait weeks/months, and in the case of TV series, sometimes years after the US airings before seeing them, right?

Thanks heavens for the pirates, forcing the studios to up their games.

You know that we o/s people used to have to wait weeks/months, and in the case of TV series, sometimes years after the US airings before seeing them, right?

Thanks heavens for the pirates, forcing the studios to up their games.

Yeah I remember the time when we'd get films months after its initial US release. Getting it first is a nice change. :D

In other news... It's selling well:

https://deadline.com/2016/05/captai...tional-box-office-weekend-results-1201747374/

I wonder if it'll end up hitting Avengers numbers... it certainly looks like it will so far.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I still don't know how this will build up towards infinity war [emoji19]

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

My guess is Infininty Wars will be about bringing everyone back together, showing the government they were wrong to try and control everyone, etc. I'm thinking the other phase 3 films will fill in the gaps, probably Thor and Guardians especially, that bring the war to the Avengers.

My guess is Infininty Wars will be about bringing everyone back together, showing the government they were wrong to try and control everyone, etc. I'm thinking the other phase 3 films will fill in the gaps, probably Thor and Guardians especially, that bring the war to the Avengers.

My guess is The Gaurdians come across Thor and Hulk & they hitch a ride to wherever they have to go

Small question: did I miss something, or was Bucky shown in Bucharest (Romania) and when Cap gets to his apartment, they're assaulted by the German GSG-9 special forces in Berlin?

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Spoiler Spoiler:

An interesting film with lots of very cool action... but not a "Captain America" one.
They really should've made"Civil War: Part 1" and "Civil War: Part 2".
It's just too big of a story with too many characters for one film.
And while the villain was great I wouldn't call him Zemo under pain of death.

All in all, better then both Avengers but as a part of Cap's solo series is below both TFA and TWS.

_

T'Challa was great and Parker was a lot of fun.

But why didn't Wanda just use that brain spell on him, and the rest of the team? Why did the entire team pretty much leave Wanda alone? Why did Warmachine just stand there and not fly away when Cap through the truck at him, why are Wanda, Hawkeye, and Falcon running towards the other team when they should be in the air or far away shooting projectiles and magic, why didn't Antman just break off one of Spideys webshooters instead of kicking him and taking Caps shield from the beginning. Vision literally could of have taken Hawkeye's bow, Caps shield, and Falcon's wings in not time, the Russos really didn't find a good way to make that whole fight work within the content of the story in my opinion.

So much of that fight felt meaningless, a scene just to show of a cool fight between heroes but it didn't have any real weight to it and that's backed up by all the jokes being made during the fight. I understand it was two sides not really trying to kill each other and that's why I compared it to a pick up game gone wrong. To me every other fight in the movie was more entertaining, especially the the chase scene in the highway.

I really don't have problem with the airport scene because I'm used to bend my suspension of disbelief very much when it comes to superhero films. It was a great show off and it ended on a dramatic note, I wouldn't ask for more in a Marvel Studios film.

That scene required a bit too much suspension for me, but overall I really enjoyed the movie, I had some problems with it but it's probably my second favorite in the MCU, the Russo Bros have made me excited for MCU films again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back