Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Snoop knows...

robin-and-batgirl-vs-crazy-quilt-4.jpg

is that robin hiding his boner?
get

I'm late to the party, but I just watched the trailer, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm so glad the focus of the movie is on Bucky, and I really like the tone of the trailer. While I really wanted to see a Civil War story on the big screen, I was very disappointed that it was going to be the sequel to The Winter Soldier because I wanted them to focus on the Steve/Bucky relationship. No worries anymore! I love Batman, but after watching the latest BvS trailer, Civil War looks like it will be the best superhero movie by far.

Not convinced by the trailer on how "good" it is.., but already I'm convinced it's better than AoU

TWS was one of the best action movies ever.

That I can agree with, but TWS borders on Nolan Batman universe where the superhero-ness is mainly in costumes but the story and events could pretty much work as almost anything else. Hell, with a little work, you could almost turn TWS into a James Bond movie.

It's a very nice movie, but the movies I enjoy most as being superhero movies tend to feel more like another world or very fantastical, character like a Hulk or Wolverine that really aren't like anything you'll find out on the streets. Steve Rogers is no more other-worldy than Rambo or any Arnold action role of the 80s.

The Dark Knight Trilogy films are my favorite superhero movies, but they probably would have backed themselves in a corner trying to adapt certain elements of the Batman universe because the films were so grounded.

I think the MCU is doing a good job, but I really want creators to invest in creating a fantastical world like the Hellboy universe. Then they wouldn't have to explain away any silliness. I think the problem only comes up when you attempt to ground such ludicrous ideas in reality, which is why I don't enjoy the X-Men movies. I enjoyed "The Wolverine" so much more because it didn't take itself so seriously.

Back