Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be honest. I'm Team Iron Man all the way. I recognize the obvious advantages of Stark's team over Cap's. I want Stark to win. But it's Cap's movie. Therefore Team Cap will win, and Team Stark will lose in some capacity.

pff.....also in the immortal words of Drago...."I will break you".....I do believe team CAP will break.....Team IM foe life!!!

Ah, but when he told his opponent, "I must break you," he ended up losing to that particular opponent. Coincidentally, that opponent was wearing red, white and blue.

I'll be honest. I'm Team Iron Man all the way. I recognize the obvious advantages of Stark's team over Cap's. I want Stark to win. But it's Cap's movie. Therefore Team Cap will win, and Team Stark will lose in some capacity.

All too true.

However, I'm not necessarily siding with Cap because I believe his team has the better roster. I do have to acknowledge that IM seems to have the better players. But I'm more on Cap's side for his beliefs and stance. I think Tony is making and has made rash decisions as a result of his own arrogance, insecurity and paranoia, and is somewhat of a hypocrite because I think they are in this predicament in the first place largely because of his mistakes that he's now trying to atone for, and acting like he's the "good guy".

Not to mention that you're also supposed to really root for Steve in the book as well. XD They both showed really good points of why they're on both but the book was mainly Team Steve from what I read. Even Spidey switched sides.

Not to mention that you're also supposed to really root for Steve in the book as well. XD They both showed really good points of why they're on both but the book was mainly Team Steve from what I read. Even Spidey switched sides.

Doesn't Vision end up defecting also?

Ah. I see. :)

Haha yup. :) She-Hulk freaked out killed the original Vision during Disassembled right after Wanda had her first meltdown and killed Clint and Scott Land. Twas an epic story and I actually hope that Disassembled would be something the MCU would go into after Phase 3. But yeah, the original Vision wasn't rebuilt until after Children's Crusade, I believe. which is another damn good arc. And now I wanna re-read these. XD

To me, all I want is this to be a great movie, that way we as fans, all win :wink1:

:goodpost: I agree, I like all these characters, my biggest fear is that they do something that makes it hard for me to continue liking a character. Civil war in the comics really tarnished my view of iron man and a few others and that kinda sucks cuz I really like iron man and many of those on his team as characters. So I am very excited for this movie but kind of a little scared too, hopefully this war won't be anything a few beers can't fix :lol :duff

So this may have been talked about already, but when can we expect to start seeing protos for the civil war movie figs? I'm newer to the hot toys game so I wasn't around for the Avengers 2/ant man hype last year. When does Hot Toys start showing stuff off for upcoming movies?

So this may have been talked about already, but when can we expect to start seeing protos for the civil war movie figs? I'm newer to the hot toys game so I wasn't around for the Avengers 2/ant man hype last year. When does Hot Toys start showing stuff off for upcoming movies?

Only 1-2% of figures are shown before a film releases. The vast majority are shown at or after theatrical release. However they have been increasing that number lately, and with so many new films coming it could increase. I wouldn't expect to see many though. Often the way a character looks is kept under wraps as much as possible(vision for example, or iron man like with the m45) so the studio won't allow it to be shown. Six months is really the earliest anything would be shown, but most the time it will be after it premieres. (Out of the 323 mms, 20ish vgm, 5 1/4 scale, 10ish Dx...less then 20 where shown before a film premiered in USA)

There is a big show at the mid to end of December in Hong Kong and I would expect something there. But, it will be prototypes most likely. (Toy soul starts 18 Dec)

Last edited:

Hopefully, around Christmas time. More realistically though, as other posters mentioned, probably at some point next year. I think you'll see the prototype figures for BvS around Christmas.

Back