Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gonna crack jokes about this being yet another premature thread but the way Brainy set it up was pretty dope, definitely put the effort in it and set the tone unlike all the other people who really just want to be the first to make the thread...kudos OP :)

I was gonna crack jokes about this being yet another premature thread but the way Brainy set it up was pretty dope, definitely put the effort in it and set the tone unlike all the other people who really just want to be the first to make the thread...kudos OP :)

:duff

If memory serves in the comics BW was pro registration. So the drama would more likely be the decline of the friendship formed up during (after?) TWS.

I think this is even more likely going off the events of A2, so yes I expect BW to go #TeamTony. :lecture

Hold on... Black Widow on Tony's side?

tumblr_static_tumblr_lxkcc2x0zk1r42j2go1_500.gif

No way, they don't get along in the MCU I bet she will be team Cap, I know it. Cap and Nat are bros forever

Hold on... Black Widow on Tony's side?

tumblr_static_tumblr_lxkcc2x0zk1r42j2go1_500.gif

No way, they don't get along in the MCU I bet she will be team Cap, I know it. Cap and Nat are bros forever

Well we'll see :wink1:
However I can assure you Natasha becomes a supporter of the Superhuman Registration Act :lecture
- So don't get me wrong I take your point, but even so my Money is on the MCU following the Comic; certainly when it comes to BW.

tumblr_n3f336zz8l1qak3qto1_500.gif

Based on the comics, do we know -- or can assume -- what characters are likely to go on what sides?

Like Hulk and IM, since Banner and Stark are both basically scientists. That would create good drama with Banner's relationship with BW, since she's liekly to go on Cap's side, yes?

This is what makes me super curious an anxious to see the movie. In the comics, Hulk was exiled by the Illuminati away from Earth and was dealing with Planet Hulk. Wanda was off in Mt. Wundgadore with no memory of even being Scarlet Witch after House of M, while Vision died after Disassembled, and Clint was secretly Ronin but didn't take part in Civil War. Then you had Doctor Strange wanting no part in the war due to being able to easily turn the tides with the lift of a finger so he wanted to leave it to fate. He even said the same thing about Wanda and was glad that she was unavailable due to her unstable mental state and power level. I seriously hope to god they kept some sort of probability altering or reality warping for Wanda in some sort. :( Don't tell me!

So basically, all the HUUUGE heavy hitters were understandably left out of the comic book storyline, and since we got Wanda. Clint, and Vision confirmed; i'm really REALLY interested to see how these characters are handled in a story they weren't involved in in the books. Though I don't know the state that Bruce is in at the AOU but i'll get to know on Thursday! I know that it's not gonna be a 100% adaption but it'll still be interesting as hell to see.

I have the feeling Vision won't take a side I can see him trying to fix the problem from another angle, but who knows.

About Hulk, I don't know if he will be in CW at all, just saying :dunno

I have the feeling Vision won't take a side I can see him trying to fix the problem from another angle, but who knows.

About Hulk, I don't know if he will be in CW at all, just saying :dunno

He could either wanting to just be alone or in space by what you just said. OR DEAD. :panic: ****, now you've got me thinking. Plus, Kevin said that he'd be around Phase 3 in multiple movies...hmm....

TeamCap all the way.

I have zero interest in the Iron Spider outfit, it just reminds me what a silly trainwreck most of the Civil war comic was. Besides, if it's Spidey's first appearance in a Marvel movie, I'm betting he'll start off with a homemade outfit that looks goofy (nothing like the outfit Tobey Maguire's Peter somehow "sewed" for himself, more like a blue sweatsuit, red sweatsocks and gloves, and a red ski mask with eyeholes cut out and crude webs drawn on in marker.) Then Stark will design him an outfit which will look like the classic comic version (maybe Tony will try to make it red and gold but Peter will insist on red and blue.)

As for characters I'm most interested in the role Winter Soldier will play in this movie, and hopefully it's not just a glorified cameo. He's too cool a character for Marvel to leave on the shelf.

Back