Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While recent Civil War promo artwork has all but confirmed Captain America donning a new suit with the classic scale mail design, the Russos were then asked if we’ll actually see it in the movie. "It is a new costume," said Anthony Russo as he and his brother grinned. "We were trying to pull forward the work that we had done in Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Cap. So, the innovations that we made to his costume in that form are very much the tonal texture that we are pulling forward. Civil War is very much connected and rooted in The Winter Soldier. So, as far as the specifics of the costume, we don’t want to give too much away, but it is a new costume slightly different from what you’ve seen before. And it’s grounded in that Winter Soldier tone."
WooHoo, that's all I need to hear!

7yu75u77839_zpsb5f9a92d.gif~original

How this interview turn into scale mail is beyond me. The suit we have seen is exactly what is actually described. May we get a chain mail type suit later, sure. But from that interview to scale mail is pure fantasy.

image.jpg

Really? Lol so when hey say winter soldier it's the boots and gloves? Sure that makes tota...wait. Nope. Don't see it.

Everyone is calling this tshirt "promo art". It's not. The only promo art , real promo art, released has shown no scale mail. It's the suit from hot toys. The suit from the trailer. The suit from set photos. The only thing with scale mail is just a tshirt. So when they ask Russo about "promo art" they are asking about the stuff that shows the standard suit we have seen.

I'm not sure anyone would call adding armor and/or scale mail to the exterior of Caps costume "slight" changes. But you would call removing the red on the chest and the white on the arms to create a more solid color scheme, which is what the winter soldier suit is like, so they have, just as they said...evolved the tonal take on the evolved winter soldier costume in a "slight" manor.

There is zero in that interview, the one from the con in Brazil, or the official promo art that shows or says scale mail. Only a
Tshirt

This is the actual promo art. Along with the new piece that just came out. Which has the same suit. And this suit, if you actual read the quote, fits everything he said.

As I said...they may do a scale mail type suit. But nothing so far other then rumor, a tshirt, and the comic look says so.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys, check out this descriptions of the uniforms:
Exclusive: New Civil War details on Black Panther, The Falcon, & more! - Movie News | JoBlo.com

It came out even before Comic Con and describes every suit they use in the movie.
So far, everything they said is true (War Machine with a bulkier armor, Hawkeye with one sleeve etc), so I believe Cap's scale mail will probably be in the movie.

They don't mention where their info comes from in that article and they say to take everything with a grain of salt. All we have going for us is a promo pic of a t-shirt with the so called chain mail. For me, that's not a lot to go on. I'm not saying he won't have it in the movie, but to me nothing suggests that at the moment.

Guys, check out this descriptions of the uniforms:
Exclusive: New Civil War details on Black Panther, The Falcon, & more! - Movie News | JoBlo.com

It came out even before Comic Con and describes every suit they use in the movie.
So far, everything they said is true (War Machine with a bulkier armor, Hawkeye with one sleeve etc), so I believe Cap's scale mail will probably be in the movie.

No ones saying we won't see it. What we are saying is that it won't be the exact same suit with mail overlaid...and that the interview in no way indicates anything.

I'm going to wait until more trailers for the film release before getting a better idea on whether a scaled suit will be in it or not. TWS trailers showed scenes of him wearing the Strike Suit and the GA suit, so there were no surprises as far as what suits would be seen in the film.

For the time being, I'm not holding my breath over it.

I like the colors on the shield better on this one that previous versions. Seems more accurate to me anyway. But I like the colors on the AOU costume version better.

Back