Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's War Hammer! lol

giphy.gif

I don't mind the multiple releases of characters. Like others have said, people have varied tastes, wants, needs, options. AOU was my first Black Widow and Hawkeye. To me, though, those are the best versions of the characters. My favourite versions. My favourite and most iconic Iron Man is the Mark VII. While the newest suits are gorgeous, I will buy the other characters I don't have yet before getting another Iron Man suit. I need a Cap, and missed out on AOU stupidly. So a CW Cap is great news for me! A second Scarlet Witch in a newer outfit is definitely now on my radar as I didn't like the first release. The new War Machine is leaps and bounds the best version yet other than the Mark I WM. It's definitely on my list now too. Falcon, I'll get whatever version I can find for a good price. Vision, well it's a second chance because I doubt I'll have the funds to get the AOU release by the time it rolls around because I HAVE to get the CW Cap and Movie Deadpool before any other figure. Then working towards Mark III WarMachine, Fury, Scarlet Witch, Falcon THEN maybe another Iron Man. There's my Avengers until a version of an existing character or a new character pops in that grabs my attention, but as it stands now, I have at LEAST 6 MCU Hot Toys figures to buy for sure. And I won't have the money to buy them all this year or this particular release, so them releasing different versions of each figure every year is good to a collector like me that has to time the purchases more spread out slow and steady.

J

That's definitely AOU Cap that pic. Wonder why their holding that one and not the civil war one

It's the design team. All the people that sculpt and paint and fabricate the figures. Technically called the Korean hot toys production studio I think. Guy on the far left is JC, head of production. The girl holding cap sculpted his head I think. Probably why she has it.

Was really hoping to see the MMS Mark 46. I don't even want to imagine when that will actually release considering the 45 will be released a good year and half after AoU.

So....this interview happened. We are getting the scale mail suit!

While recent Civil War promo artwork has all but confirmed Captain America donning a new suit with the classic scale mail design, the Russos were then asked if we’ll actually see it in the movie. "It is a new costume," said Anthony Russo as he and his brother grinned. "We were trying to pull forward the work that we had done in Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Cap. So, the innovations that we made to his costume in that form are very much the tonal texture that we are pulling forward. Civil War is very much connected and rooted in The Winter Soldier. So, as far as the specifics of the costume, we don’t want to give too much away, but it is a new costume slightly different from what you’ve seen before. And it’s grounded in that Winter Soldier tone."

I am just happy that nothing has been shown that I am going to buy. Saves some money (which will go to Star Wars). I am sure they will get me with Black Panther, Spider-Man, and the character everyone is putting in spoilers. But for now, good to not want anything.

Back