Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got extras of the Walmart exclusive versions if anyone is interested

Might be, I sent you a pm.

On that note, I'd be interested in a Digital Download of the movie, if anyone doesn't want there. I'm sure we can work out a reasonable price. :)

Went out to get my copy this morning. Never bought a steelbook copy before, so looked into that. Was told that the only difference was the packaging. Pass. Went to Target because their Blu-ray comes with additional behind the scenes stuff.

Then realized at the last second that the Blu-ray version doesn't even come with a digital copy....? So had to buy the 3D version to get a digital copy of the movie (wasn't a big deal, both the 3D/BR/Digital pack and the BR were $19.99 at Target).

Haven't opened mine yet, will do it later tonight, but now I'm reading online that the additional footage that came with the Target Blu-ray isn't in the package, its something that you stream online. And reports I'm reading are that the content isn't there - you go online and can stream the movie, but there is no additional content.

Really, if you're going to sell the DVD for $17.99, the Blu-ray for $19.99 and then the 3D/Blu-ray/digital copy for $19.99, why not just make one package that has everything for $19.99?

Also, at Target the Agents of SHIELD Season 1 BR set is $39.99. At Best Buy, it's $44.99, but they will price match Target down to $39.99, and if you buy AoS, Best Buy will drop the price on the Winter Soldier 3D/BR/Digital set down from $19.99 to $14.99.

Sheesh, nothing is easy anymore.

When was anything about DVD or BluRay easy? :rotfl I stopped collecting physical video media a long time ago. The entire concept of different UI and menu systems on every disc has always been something I've disliked and a usability nightmare in general. My kids will never even know what a DVD or a BluRay is (or was).

Anyone want to buy 150 DVDs in like-new condition? They're the last I have left.

When was anything about DVD or BluRay easy? :rotfl I stopped collecting physical video media a long time ago. The entire concept of different UI and menu systems on every disc has always been something I've disliked and a usability nightmare in general. My kids will never even know what a DVD or a BluRay is (or was).

Anyone want to buy 150 DVDs in like-new condition? They're the last I have left.

I love having a physical copy on the shelf. Same with CD's. I'm old school that way. It's mine forever and even a catastrophic crash and data loss just means pull ot off the shelf and reload it. I hate the "digital only" age and will fight it as long as I can.

Meh, it was easier before exclusive this and that.

Different UI didn't bother me, my biggest pet peeve with Bluray was that it wasn't as simple as regular dvd when it came to stopping and restarting the movie.

It has since been somewhat fixed but still not as effortless as it was with dvd.

I love having a physical copy on the shelf. Same with CD's. I'm old school that way. It's mine forever and even a catastrophic crash and data loss just means pull ot off the shelf and reload it. I hate the "digital only" age and will fight it as long as I can.

100% agree.

Walked into BestBuy

Yup, walked in and BAM, all the steelbooks on display.

I have to admit I went to Walmart earlier and was tempted with the BW cover:wink1:

Thank god no ultra violet crap for the digital copy

ITunes!

Saw target's version

For the price this is the best deal IMO

Watched this for the first time on 3D blu, third time overall. Wow, this movie is just too good. It just is. It isn't just the best superhero movie ever but it's also one of the best action films. Not unlike Predator or ALIENS where technically it's of a more fantasy genre but still as an action movie it holds it's own among the best of that genre as well.

It's pretty straightforward in its simplicity and universal themes. Not a lot that's really new, but oh just the quality of the craftsmanship. It's like eh, you've seen a million diamonds, but man, when you come across a near flawless one, damn. The cast, the action, the cinematography (yes even the shaky came that evokes very contemporary war or spy films yet still doesn't hinder the ability to follow a scene), the old propaganda footage, the overall pace and lack of bloat, just that perfect balance of action, excitement, humor and emotion. This is just a movie where you know that every second was controlled by guys who knew what they were damn well doing. I'm reminded of seeing some of those older action movies for the first time like Lethal Weapon, RoboCop or Die Hard where you go "okay, that wasn't Citizen Kane, but what I just saw just made one hell of a mark and will be remembered for a long ass time." TWS really is the benchmark going forward.

There are still things that I keep noticing even a third time through. I never picked up that when Rogers threw his shield through Batroc's window on the bridge of the ship that it hit the one dude in the face before embedding into the wall. Dude's darn lucky he wasn't decapitated! I *love* TFA but TWS really does pull an ESB with how much better it is. Only a few movies have so many iconic scenes in the beginning, middle, and end of the film. The SW OT, T1 T2, Jaws, Raiders, I'm looking at you guys and saying, "Hey, you've got company."

...and breeeeeeeeeeeeathe. :lol

I can't...it's too awesome to behold!

IP3iWQe.gif

9W6bj9Z.gif

Back