Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

I loved Kat Dennings scenes, Thor 2 was lackluster for a whole other bunch of reasons.

The bad writing doesn't lie in the comedic relief.

What I don't like are the lines like: "When do we start?"....."We already did".... not THAT'S cheesy and bad writing :lol I'm all in for the jokes, as long as they're not cheap sitcom lines like some in the Avengers.

Scarlet just doesn't do it for me as BW. Every line that comes out her mouth just comes off as so unnatural. I didn't think the dialogue was the worst thing I ever heard, but it looks like a good amount of that will be back for this film. I hope they strike a perfect balance like Iron Man 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the 4 minute preview trailer, love every second of it, can wait to see this on the theater :D.

Scarlet just doesn't do it for me as BW. Every line that comes out her mouth just comes off as so unnatural. I didn't think the dialogue was the worst thing I ever heard, but it looks like a good amount of that will be back for this film. I hope they strike a perfect balance like Iron Man 1.

Yes, that's exactly how I felt about BW in every previous movie, she wasn't BW she was just ScarJo reading lines, but she seems to be getting a grip on the character now.

Hard to believe she's getting 20 million to get knocked up in the middle of filming and phone in her lines. :lol

Man that scene was pretty badass, I thought the dialogue was great, it wasn't nearly as cheesy as some posts made it out to be.

I had no interest in Black Widow in previous movies, but for some reason I find her both more badass and hotter now.... :lol

The more I see, the more I'm excited for this movie. Hilarious dialogue between Cap and Black Widow. Cap's adjustment to the present was a big issue that was addressed properly in "The Ultimates". It actually sounds like we're hearing an aged Agent Peggy Carter do the voice-over in the final part of the trailer.

I like Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow. Other might not but she fits the role nicely, takes it seriously and seems to be having fun all at once. Her acting can be a little stale and "wooden" at times but overall I feel she's doing a great job. I'm with you too, she looks 100x hotter in this one. I'm blaming it on the "Mom haircut" she had in Avengers and like the straight one she has in this one. I am still hoping for a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie...maybe even call it "Avengers: Black Ops" or something like that. I think Renner and Johanson can carry it. Treat it like Mission Impossible/Taken/Unknown...give it a heavy mystery in the beginning and then let that carry until the end with lots of good fight scenes. Maybe take a page from "the Ultimates" where Widow is a double agent (in reality it's the OTHER Black Widow: Yelena Belova...a former trainee alongside Romanoff) and goes on the run. Hawkeye takes a lead to try and get to Romanoff before a SHIELD team can get to her first and they end up fighting SHIELD and other baddies in order to clear her name.

Well, tbh I don't care about Renner :lol I'm coming around with ScarJo though, I'm not quite sure they could put the weight of the movie on their shoulders.

I won't say I wouldn't watch the movie though, but it seems unlikely that Marvel will start doing movies about minor characters in the near future, but I have no doubt they'll eventually do it.

Funny, I thought Thor 2 was one of the very best Marvel films so far, despite the unnecessary Dennings scenes, while I consider First Avenger mediocre.

See I like Thor 2 more than the original Thor. And really my problems with the sequel are the same problems i had in the first film. But This film gave me more Asgard, so I liked it more. Plus more Thor and Loki relationship is always a good thing, as I love how they interact in the comics.

We agree completely on that :duff Jane Foster is just an excuse, in the comics they broke up :lol and Thor hooks up with all kind of alien and godly chicks :lol the plot they used for Thor 2 is WAAAAAY more interesting in the comics and Malekith is also far more memorable.

His adventures are both fairy tales and sci-fi, which is awesome, as varied as the trailer of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Besides, Thor sworn to protect midgard, for that reason alone, if the earth is under attack he will come and protect it.

My kingdom for a Godbomb movie :pray:

:goodpost::exactly: I would lose my mind if we saw Gor the God Butcher! These are the types of Thor stories I want to see on the big screen. 9 realms and we are stuck on Midgard.

I know, in fact, when Malekith was using the Ether thing in the movie, you know, with the black thing coming out of it, I kept thinking; "Hey, they should have saved that for Gorr!" :lol

I guess to each their own. I love how Marvel Studio's been able to blend action, drama, and comedy, and nobody's been able to replicate their balance at a consistent level - not Fox and not Sony. TWS just continues that tradition, and I also found Thor TDW entertaining for those reasons as well, Kat Dennings and pants-less Skarsgard included. At the other end of the spectrum I'm also a huge fan of the ultra-serious Nolan Batman movies. To me, if you have a creative approach that works and you execute it well, I will be earnestly giving that filmmaker my hard-earned cash and then some.

I don't consider myself in the Marvel-Studios-can-do-no-wrong boat. I thought IM2 was incredibly weak and they've made casting decisions I thought to be poor choices, like Natalie Portman for example. But this Cap movie? It just looks disgustingly awesome-sauce, and I wouldn't be shocked if this came out better than Avengers, it looks THAT amazing so far.

I know, in fact, when Malekith was using the Ether thing in the movie, you know, with the black thing coming out of it, I kept thinking; "Hey, they should have saved that for Gorr!" :lol

I would love to see Hemsworth have to pull off all 3 Thors. I may have to go pull out all those issues.

I would love to see Hemsworth have to pull off all 3 Thors. I may have to go pull out all those issues.

I didn't think of that, a Nutty Professor kind of thing :lol it could work, I was thinking about casting 2 other guys to play young Thor and King Thor, but that idea intrigues me.

Scarj is definitely slinkier this time around. Looks good! Still manages to bring zero personality to every single role, but I appreciate the effort. The action is definitely a notch higher coming from the Avengers for these two mere humans. This is a slick beast of a movie waiting to pounce.

I have high hopes for this one and from what I've seen I don't think I'll be disappointed.

It's funny I'm the only person that complained only about one exchange between the two characters. You guys mine as well just talk to me directly.
How come when other movies not in the marvel universe get criticized there isn't this much damage control?
Also for people asking have I seen a marvel movie before, go back and read what I wrote, I said I want marvel to stop throwing in all that nonsense, which means I'm aware of there consistent bad writing. Anyway I think this movie will be great, just not a fan of absolutely everything I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I completely agree with you although I know why MARVEL makes it movies light hearted, I still would prefer some edge to it. If you read the comic which this movie is based on it not at all light hearted as this clips make it out to be, The tone of this movie to me feels wrong I would have much rather seen this movie shot in Bourne film series fashion , a little darker pallet a lot of shoots at night and still with its own intense action sequences.

For all toughs who complain that DC movies are too Dark I glad that not everything is so kiddy as marvel movies. I mean to date not one Marvel villain been someone to really strike fear they are always sort of guest starting I want someone more Dark and sinister to be frank I want them to kill some other then a side kick characters like Coulson and Bucky kill Hawkeye he was not doing much any way or kill the black widow there have been others before her that held that mantel

Yeah these Marvel movies really suck cause not enough people died. Maybe half of New York since it worked so well in MOS.
Seriously? They are comic book movies. You want death, watch the news.

Yeah these Marvel movies really suck cause not enough people died. Maybe half of New York since it worked so well in MOS.
Seriously? They are comic book movies. You want death, watch the news.

I thought a great deal of new got messed up in Avengers or maybe you think that those 6 Characters managed to save everybody in the city because you know only one person died on camera and crap he doesn't count since he come back to life on a TV show.

I am just saying the story in the comic is set in a much darker tone so to see it adapted this way is strange, they billed this as though its spy thriller but it looks like a typical action movie if they really wanted a spy movie then I would have expected them to follow what other spy movie have been doing espionage, clock and dagger go well with a dark noir theme.

Pretty damn impressive action debut for the two director bros.
Glad Marvel signed them for the next one.
That uncut Quinjet jump into the sea was nerdgasmic.
Impressive showcasing of Caps abilities in that 4 min clip,
This flick should take take the bad taste of IM3 and a bit of Thor 2 out of my pie hole.

Those 4 minutes are the best Superhero action moments I have ever layed eyes on in ANY of the modern cbm from Blade to Thor 2.

It made anything from BB/TDK/TDKR look like slow motion.

It made anything from MOS look sloppy.

Its a huge step forward from Cap 1 battles and YES, It even surpassed anything from Avengers.

Cap and BW were insane in this clip....just insane. Loved that they kept her signature movie but made it much more brutal than anything from IM2/Avengers. She freaking smashed a dudes head with huge plyers. :horror

Cap's fighting was also ramped up into brutal and cool looking territory as well.

This movie is no joke fellas.

This is the real deal, this is Marvel at its peak performance firing in all cylinders.

Hell, even the dialogue was natural and awesome. Multitasking line was great and I also liked how he kept calling her and she got antsy with him. :lol

This movie is going to rape my wallet.

Last edited:
Back