Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You misunderstood my statement. It addressed the artist's pricing and the site making things up. In the end, it doesn't matter. A product sells for whatever it sells.
Oh, my mistake haha. I thought you were saying I was making it up. The site was confusing so I was trying to understand everything.

2015-02-25-21-58-51-1710075143.jpeg

This was my first premium format.

And I'm quite impressed.

Before I made my purchase I went back 100-200 pages on this thread and read everything to see what I should be looking out for.

Note that I got the standard version here in Australia direct.

Belt was fine and it attached very quickly. The centre red stripe was ok, no complaints. The A on the head was centered as well. The helmet buckles are painted silver. No clothing had separated along the stiches, in particular the back between the stripes and the pants. Whites on the arms weren't as clean/white as I feared, as they were stained/aged a bit. But did notice a bit/drop of dry glue on the left arm/white part but no biggie.

Now to my own (perceived) nitpicks.

The round shield wasn't painted as cleanly as I hoped. With some paint bleed between the colour sections. But not really a problem and still leagues ahead of the heat shield (which will soon be back in the box).

My main issue is with the head. I'm not sure if this is normal but it looks like the eye sections, whiched I've assumed were glued into the head are slightly misaligned where it produces a bit of an unattractive gap.

View attachment 169256
image.jpg

And to a lesser degree and possibly a part of the design the helmet has a very small gap between it and the rest of the face. A bit more noticeable along Caps right nose/cheek than the right (if at all)

image.jpg
Very hard to see this on a photo no matter how many shots I take.

I also noticed that the paint on the ears, his right more than his left the skintone is mixed with blue.
image.jpg

From the above you may think I'm disappointed in my first PF but for whatever reason I love it. Its imposing and has a good weight to it, which I noticed as I'm still trying to find the right place to display this piece.

Back