Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand not having a supply on hand as SS would not necessarily know what part(s) have issues in shipping. But once it's established that there is a reoccurring problem with breakage they should be ordering a replacement supply to the scope of the problem. For example if 1 in 10 is broken they should be able to produce extras to meet that need. The molds are sitting over in China so it shouldn't be an issue other than SS not caring to make the customer happy.

I can understand not having a supply on hand as SS would not necessarily know what part(s) have issues in shipping. But once it's established that there is a reoccurring problem with breakage they should be ordering a replacement supply to the scope of the problem. For example if 1 in 10 is broken they should be able to produce extras to meet that need. The molds are sitting over in China so it shouldn't be an issue other than SS not caring to make the customer happy.

And yet this is exactly the statement SS is making.

After reading about all these broken Thompsons, I feel pretty lucky that mine arrived safely. The fact that SS says no replacements are available is inexcusable. Very poor CS.

I was actually kind of hoping mine would arrive with a broken Thompson so I would have a ready made excuse to send it back. I've been slammed with expenses recently and this is the the fourth statute at this price level to arrive in the last month and a half.

But once I cracked open the seal and had a chance to see it up close, I'm very thankful it seems to have arrived without issues. I just gave it a quick look over but didn't see any glaring problems.

Y'know, all the pictures posted already look great- but up close it's ...kind of breath-taking. The level of detail and precision of the paint apps is impressively high.

I was actually kind of hoping mine would arrive with a broken Thompson so I would have a ready made excuse to send it back. I've been slammed with expenses recently and this is the the fourth statute at this price level to arrive in the last month and a half.

But once I cracked open the seal and had a chance to see it up close, I'm very thankful it seems to have arrived without issues. I just gave it a quick look over but didn't see any glaring problems.

Y'know, all the pictures posted already look great- but up close it's ...kind of breath-taking. The level of detail and precision of the paint apps is impressively high.

Congrats on getting yours safe and sound! :duff

I completely understand getting slammed with expenses, especially this time of the year!

a sad day....

looks like there is no replacement parts for this pf cap at all! anyone looking to get a replacement part for cap will not be happy. checking out of the collecting world and likely selling all my stuff. frustrating hobby.

if anyone does get any replacements parts let me know. im curious as to why you were able to get one and not i, even though they said they are no replacements for my cap pf.

Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your Captain America PF. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As we do not have an available replacement for you, please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Captain America PF as is, we can offer you a $35.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. If you would like to place a new order with this credit, contact us with the item number and we will book a new order for you. We would also be able to send you a new head.

If this option is unsatisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed and I shall do my best to assist you.
Thank you so much and have a super day!
Best regards,

Belén Moreno

Last edited:
The thing that makes the Ex, an Ex, is only valued at $35?! Maybe to SS this is all its worth but broken parts are not the fault of the consumer and this greatly impacts the value of the item. C'mon SS, seriously.

SS told me the same & Im not holding my breath for the big chap bust either.

The thing that makes the Ex, an Ex, is only valued at $35?! Maybe to SS this is all its worth but broken parts are not the fault of the consumer and this greatly impacts the value of the item. C'mon SS, seriously.

no issues with the ex. issues with the body, head, and classic shield. looks like there is NO replacement parts at all.

Back