Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff

:lol

Don't get me wrong guys, the gun IS cool and I'm still holding on to that last bit of hope that I get an EX conversion just to have the option even if I neglect to use it.

It just depends on who Cap is to you and how he uses his abilities. When Joe Johnston made CA:TFA he specifically wanted Cap to be a supersoldier who used guns but kept the shield for defense, moral inspiration, and when needed, an improvisational weapon. And TFA is one of my favorite movies.

But I've always preferred the Russo Bros version of Cap which echoes the comics. He doesn't need a machine gun, hell he doesn't need a PARACHUTE. His body and his shield are his weapons. There's something awesome to me about a guy leading a charge into thick Nazi defenses with a pistol HOLSTERED because he doesn't need it. That's badass to me, but nothing more than my own personal preference. I really can't wait to get this guy.

Yeah. I said the same thing. But it looks phenomenal with the gun. I couldn't resist. I plan to rotate my hands.

Apparently it was just dumb luck that if you got one that wasn't broken.

Or a big sacrificial bucket of KFC to the Statue Gods. :lecture

That was deep Khev deep like the deep blue sea sir (without Samual L Jackson but maybe a little LL Cool J)

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah. I said the same thing. But it looks phenomenal with the gun. I couldn't resist. I plan to rotate my hands.

Agreed. The Thompson looks awesome. :rock

Good posting Khev! I agree the switch outs on this piece really do change up the tone a lot. As for the Thompson, I like it only because I think it suits the statue well as a WWII piece and to me, adds a nice finishing touch to the overall sculpt. But I definitely get where you're coming from with it tarnishing your ideal of Cap.

Anyway, I decided to make a review video for some people that might still be undecided on the piece (if any). I love it!

If my replacement hand arrives undamaged I may place it in a safety deposit box and bury it hundreds of feet underground in an electrified safe for safe keeping :lol I might begin the dig using the kite shield :monkey3 :wink1:

You got SS to replace your broken hand ? How did you do it ???

And as to what the Thompson represent, to me it is an important part because it represent the WWII era, which is the birth of the legend of Captain America. Like you said, some people who doesn't know the character would look at this statue without the gun displayed and say "hey, it's captain america", but if he sees it holding the thompson he'd probably go "why the hell does he have that old ass machine gun ?", then you'd explain to him from where he's from. So for me it's not just an alternate hand.

You got SS to replace your broken hand ? How did you do it ???

And as to what the Thompson represent, to me it is an important part because it represent the WWII era, which is the birth of the legend of Captain America. Like you said, some people who doesn't know the character would look at this statue without the gun displayed and say "hey, it's captain america", but if he sees it holding the thompson he'd probably go "why the hell does he have that old ass machine gun ?", then you'd explain to him from where he's from. So for me it's not just an alternate hand.

Honestly I'm just one of the lucky ones bro, I got in before they ran out. I just didn't mention it out of respect for all you guys in here. I'm honestly pissed off (see my avatar) for anyone who doesn't get a replacement out of them.

Great video outlaw44, thanks for posting. Am I the only one here just continually amazed that the internet allows us all to converse with each other from separate continents? I don't think I'll ever get over that. I remember in the early 80's getting to sign up at school to have "pen pals" where they'd link you with a kid from another country and you'd write some page long greeting and then wait six weeks or whatever to get your handwritten letter in response. This new world we live in where things like this are so commonplace are just crazy to me. It really hits home when I see a video like outlaw's and get reminded of all the different accents we'd hear if we were speaking in person.

And as to what the Thompson represent, to me it is an important part because it represent the WWII era, which is the birth of the legend of Captain America.

Absolutely. If Cap's 1940's heritage is something you always want to see front and center then WWII trappings like the rifle are great. When he first debuted in 1941 he was literally a contemporary hero but for me growing up with the character beginning with my first Cap comic in 1978 he's always been a "man out of time." WWII flashbacks of Cap in the 70's, 80's and 90's didn't feature him wielding machine guns. That's kind of a new thing that gained prominence with the Ultimates version of the character.

Last edited:
Thanks Khev! Yea I have a pretty weird accent, I was born and raised just outside of New York, but I've been living in Australia for the last 10 or so years. It's pretty interesting how your speech changes with your surroundings! But I whole heartedly agree, the internet is definitely awesome, so much of the world to see and it's great that a hobby such as ours, where finding collectors with similar interests would normally be really hard, is made so easy! Love being a part of the community.

Haha so after looking at the pics posted here . I realize some of us are getting brown buckle chin straps . Mines brown. Snoop,s pics are brown too.:slap
others and on the proto buckle painted silver. Interesting :lol

Cool video, Outlaw! :clap

Liked & subscribed. :D

Thank you!! I'll be doing plenty more in the future :)

Haha so after looking at the pics posted here . I realize some of us are getting brown buckle chin straps . Mines brown. Snoop,s pics are brown too.:slap

Oh wow, you're right, that's crazy! Mine came silver.

Okay guys, so finally got round to taking some pics of mine aswell as adding a mini review of my thoughts on this magnificent piece which can be found on the link below :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ate-ssc-captain-america-pf-exclusive-677.html

Here are just a few pics of mine for now :)

6c92806b2640ff8dba07faf31cbea729.jpg

13076f71c0430afae0b889fb43b39bc6.jpg

3cf5ca3b9a09b2bf7caaa9e5eec1632f.jpg

Congrats, Andy! :duff

Great video outlaw44, thanks for posting. Am I the only one here just continually amazed that the internet allows us all to converse with each other from separate continents? I don't think I'll ever get over that. I remember in the early 80's getting to sign up at school to have "pen pals" where they'd link you with a kid from another country and you'd write some page long greeting and then wait six weeks or whatever to get your handwritten letter in response. This new world we live in where things like this are so commonplace are just crazy to me. It really hits home when I see a video like outlaw's and get reminded of all the different accents we'd hear if we were speaking in person.

I feel the same way, Khev. It's amazing and awesome especially since I've made some good friends who live across the pond. :)

:slap :lol I was so awestruck over this statue that I never noticed that small detail! :lol

Thank you!! I'll be doing plenty more in the future :)

Cool, I look forward to seeing them! :D :duff

Nice pics, Andy! :rock

I agree on the phone bit, my Note 4 pics look lightyears ahead of the SIII. :horror

Love that technology! :love

Hey Carlos, thanks so much brother :hi5: cant wait for you to get this piece cos its a scorcher!! :rock2 As for the technology, yea...I'm by no means a decent photographer but this new camera is so easy to work with and finally I can actually enjoy my own pics :lol

Looks great Roberto.The statue is a knockout! :clap

Thanks Jim :hi5: just goes to show that Sideshow are capable of so called quality statues...just a shame that the lame decal shield and frustrating QC issues regarding the EX hand had to take a little of the edge off it :(

Back